As a Daemen Adolescent Education in English major, you’ll be engrossed in both English and education classes throughout your time at Daemen. Students initially concentrate on core English courses that provide them with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of English such as reading, writing, critical and creative thinking abilities, and education.
- Small class sizes (12:1 student/faculty ratio) that encourage interaction with faculty members dedicated to teaching through personal attention to each student
- An emphasis on writing to cultivate communication skills that have practical application in employment situations
- Student-run publications: Insight, Daemen’s campus newspaper, and its literary magazine, The Iconoclast
- English Club activities, including poetry slams, the Shakespeare Banquet, and literary weekend trips
- Daemen College is currently pursuing accreditation of its educator preparation programs by the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). Pursuant to §52.21 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, the educator preparation programs offered by Daemen College are considered to be continuously accredited for purposes of meeting the New York State requirement that all such programs maintain continuous accreditation.”
Following is a suggested course sequence for your program. Courses may be offered as indicated and/or at other times. Consult your Advisor for further direction and planning.
The Swivl robot records the audio and video of the candidate while following them 360 degrees around their classrooms. Education students at Daemen benefit from using state-of-the-art video technology as a powerful assessment tool. Daemen has invested in a complete range of digital educational tools including Swivl robots, Smartboards, iPads, and educational apps to give our students a distinct advantage.