As a Daemen Adolescent Education in Math major, you’ll be engaged in both mathematics and education classes throughout your time at Daemen. Students initially concentrate on core math courses that provide them with the knowledge and skills to make mathematical contributions to society through pure mathematics or mathematics applied to other disciplines. Education classes prepare students to have the confidence and preparation for a career in education.
- Work in a close and collaborative atmosphere - classes ranging from 5-25 students.
- Learn about today's most relevant areas of mathematical science, including computer science, applied modeling, and statistics.
- Be prepared to take the actuarial exams.
- Earn your provisional NY State teaching certification.
- Work out math problems with professors and fellow students in the Math Lab.
- Daemen College is currently pursuing accreditation of its educator preparation programs by the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). Pursuant to §52.21 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, the educator preparation programs offered by Daemen College are considered to be continuously accredited for purposes of meeting the New York State requirement that all such programs maintain continuous accreditation.”
Following is a suggested course sequence for your program. Courses may be offered as indicated and/or at other times. Consult your Advisor for further direction and planning.
The Swivl robot records the audio and video of the candidate while following them 360 degrees around their classrooms. Education students at Daemen benefit from using state-of-the-art video technology as a powerful assessment tool. Daemen has invested in a complete range of digital educational tools including Swivl robots, Smartboards, iPads, and educational apps to give our students a distinct advantage.