As services increase for children in need of special education, so does job growth in the field.
Learn to create lesson plans aligned to New York state’s Next Generation and Common Core learning standards, as well as understand the laws that protect students.
- Initial/professional certification (grades 1-6) program: For individuals seeking New York State certification who do not possess a teaching certificate in special education.
- Professional certification (grades 1-6) program: For individuals who already possess an initial teaching certificate in special education and are seeking professional certification from New York State.
- Daemen students engage in active discourse and field experience, thereby enhancing personal and professional growth.
- Evening, online, and hybrid courses are offered to accommodate demanding schedules.
- Program features small class sizes to increase interaction between students and faculty members who are dedicated to teaching excellence and providing personal attention.
Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration. This leads to improved health and wellbeing outcomes for individuals, organizations, and communities!
- Many opportunities are available for graduates to work in schools or agencies in both suburban and urban settings that provide services to children with disabilities.
- Special education consultant teachers
- Special education resource room teachers
- Integrated special education co-teachers
In addition to satisfying the general criteria for graduate admission to Daemen College, applicants must:
- Upon acceptance possess a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 or above (on a 4.00 scale)
- Submit scores from taking the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- School Code for GRE scores: 2762
- Participate in a personal dispositional interview
Scholarships may not be combined; students may only receive one scholarship.
Graduate Merit Scholarship
30 percent off the graduate per credit hour tuition rate awarded to accepted students of this program who have earned an undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or above.
Graduate Alumni Scholarship
Additional scholarships may be available for alumni, please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
Americorps Matching Scholarship
Awarded to accepted students who have completed an Americorps service commitment. Daemen College will match the 100 percent of the Segal Americorps Education Award OR provide a 30 percent tuition scholarship discount for Americorps alumni enrolling in our program.