Beyond Biology: Social Determinants in Health Promotion
April 7th, 2018 9 am - 2:30 pm
Daemen College - Wick Center Social Room
Registration will open late January 2018
Call for Proposals
Undergraduate and graduate students from Daemen College or other institutions are invited to submit proposals for poster presentations related to social determinants of health. Please see the attached pdf for a framework of the social determinants of health to help guide your topic development.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstracts must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 9. 2018. All proposals must abide by the following specifications and include the following information. Please CC (carbon copy) any co-presenters and your faculty supervisor.
Names, majors, institutional affiliation and email addresses of all presenter(s)
Title (not to exceed 15 words) Abstract (not to exceed 200 words)
Size of poster you plan to submit:
Large - 36” x 48”
Small - 20” x 30” (mounted to foam board)
The poster set-up will be from 8:30-9:00 am and poster presentations will take place from 12:15-1:00pm on Saturday April 7th, 2018.
All posters should include the following
- Author(s) and major(s)
- Main body. Because each poster will be viewed from a distance of 2 or more feet, it is recommended that the largest possible type is used. Illustrations, in either tabular or graphic format, should be used to support the major points and be clearly identified.
- Posters should be easy to read and not crowded. Be selective and save non-essential, but interesting information for the informal discussion.
Small Poster Information - 20” x 30” and mounted to foam board
- Easels will be provided for the smaller posters.
- It is suggested that you create a template using Microsoft Word or a PowerPoint slide, setting page size to 20-inch height and 30-inch width.
- Printing is at the expense of the student. The Daemen College print shop offers the best pricing and is available to non-Daemen students, but requires a minimum of 5 business days for printing. Approximate printing cost is $20 for color printing (20” x 30”) or $25 mounted to foam board. Must be paid by cash or check - sales tax will be added.
Large Poster Information - 36” x 48” (for Daemen College student reference - this is the typical size of Academic Festival posters)
- Large posters will be attached to display boards or walls. Tape and or tacks will be provided
- It is suggested that you create a template using Microsoft Word or a Power Point slide, setting page size to 36 inch height and 48 inch width.
- Printing is at the expense of the student. The Daemen College print shop offers the best pricing and is available to non-Daemen students, but requires a minimum of 5 business days for printing. Approximate Daemen printing cost is $50 for color printing (36” x 48”). Must be paid by cash or check - sales tax will be added.