The healthcare industry is experiencing continuous growth in health promotion and disease prevention.
Impact future generations by maximizing health and wellness in diverse communities through integrative approaches in fitness and lifestyle, community health education, public health, and administration.
- Professional development coursework builds career skills and prepares students for hands-on experiences such as a career field experience, and local or international health-related community projects.
- Curriculum combines skill-based health studies with a strong background in the psychological, sociological, behavioral, and business aspects of health care.
- Coursework helps prepare students for certifications such as the Certified Health Education Specialist through the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Health Promotion Specializations
- Health & Fitness Specialization
- Community Health (Choose one)
- Community Health Administration
- Community Health Education
- Community Health Principles
Accelerated B.S./M.S. programs
Save money and enter your career faster and more prepared with our accelerated combined bachelor’s and master’s dual degree programs. Options for qualified students include our health promotion undergraduate program with a master’s in public health.
Graduates of the health promotion program have the opportunity to help others and their community in many ways through impactful work. Our program provides a foundation that prepares students for a wide range of growing professions in health and wellness.
Popular career options include
- Public health educator
- Community health outreach worker
- Community nonprofit organization director
- Health care facility administrator
- Fitness instructor or personal trainer
- Clinical research coordinator
Daemen offers unique opportunities for students to earn select three degrees within five years.
Students can obtain two undergraduate degrees (choices include French, Spanish, math, and political science) in four years and their Master of Public Health or Master of Social Work in one additional year.
Students complete a career field experience in their specialization area or a professional development course. Daemen has community partnerships in all areas of community health, health and fitness, and complementary and alternative or integrative health. Students have worked with several institutions in order to build valuable skills for their resume.
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Diabetes Association
- American Red Cross
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Catholic Health
- Community Access Services
- Erie County Department of Health
- Erie-Niagara Tobacco-Free Coalition at Roswell Park
- Comprehensive Cancer
- Evergreen Health Services
- Gloria J. Parks Community Center
- Gold’s Gym International
- Independent Health Foundation
- Jacobs Neurological Institute
- Lupus Foundation of Western New York
- Made 2 Move Fitness
- MedTel Outcomes
- VA Western New York Healthcare System
- Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo & WNY Center