The Master of Science in International Business is designed to provide business perspective and expertise to facilitate sustained economic growth. The program relies on experienced professionals who incorporate collaborative and integrative business strategies necessary for the development of outstanding, ethical business leaders. The MSIB program inspires graduates to become responsible and resourceful global citizens.
Daemen College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: M.S. International Business. (Please note this program was formally MS Global Business. The program name was changed to MS International Business in 2016).
- Small class sizes (8:1 student/teacher ratio) help facilitate enhanced interaction with faculty members dedicated to teaching excellence and providing personal attention to each student.
- A three-stage academic program that logically advances students through the 30-credit hour curriculum that includes relevant coursework including current events and projects with international companies.
- A superior academic facility offers a state-of-the-art computer teaching lab, a computer usage lab, distance learning facilities, free remote access to the internet/e-mail, and experienced technology personnel to assist students.
- Specializations in either marketing or accounting.
- Created for the working adult, classes are offered evenings.
About Our Program
Accounting Specialty Track
Students will complete the following courses in fulfillment of electives:
- ACC618 Advanced Taxation
- ACC620 Advanced Auditing
- ACC630 Global Financial Reporting & Statement Analysis.
Students will satisfy Stage Four of the program by completing ACC650 Directed Research in Accounting.
Marketing Specialty Track
The 9 elective credits in the program must be satisfied with course work in that specialty track.
Upon completion of the master’s program in International Business, graduates:
- Demonstrate creative critical thinking skills to recognize problems, analyze uncertain situations, interpret evidence, develop alternative solutions, and adapt and innovate with a global perspective.
- Recognize the opportunities and challenges of globalization and apply managerial skills to global business.
- Recognize ethical problems and apply standards of ethical behavior to management decisions.
- Recognize the importance of corporate responsibility and incorporate socially responsible actions in the development of global organizational strategies.
- Use technology and appropriate quantitative methods as tools of effective management.
- Demonstrate effective, culturally appropriate communication skills.
- Demonstrate well-developed leadership and teamwork skills for the effective implementation of mission-driven organizational policy in a multicultural global environment.
- Integrate theoretical and practical applications across functional business areas and networks for the purpose of strategic planning, implementation, and control.
Full-time students working towards a graduate degree in International Business, are eligible for a 30% tuition-only scholarship applied to the full tuition rate. For information, contact Torsten Doering, Director of the International Business Program, at email@example.com or contact Luke Ramey in Admissions at (716)-839-8486.
Four $1,500 scholarships are available annually to new, full-time students in the MS International Business program. These scholarships will be awarded based on an application and essay submitted to a committee of the graduate faculty from the program. The scholarship will be pro-rated between two semesters ($750/semester).
- Short and long-term study abroad.
- Internships in international companies.
- Intensive Spanish language training in Mexico.
- Scholarships are available.
As part of MKT 302 Physical Distribution Management class, Ralf Russo at UPS hosted a great tour through the large regional distribution facility in Buffalo. Students experienced activities such as pickup returns, sorting, facility management and control, distribution between major national UPS hubs, route planning, truck loading, driver training and safety, pick-to-light technology, customs processes and next day air integration.
The Daemen experience taught me valuable networking skills and now that I am the Regional Sales Manager for NY, NJ, and PA at Buckeye Fire Equipment Co. out of North Carolina, I take customers to conventions where the products we manufacture are displayed. READ MORE