This program prepares Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioners to provide direct patient care to adults from adolescence through senescence in a variety of clinical settings.
The development of independent decision-making skills and autonomy in the delivery of holistic health care are emphasized.
Certificate Admission Requirements
The post-master’s certificate program is designed for those nurses who have a master’s degree in a clinical area and wish to complete requirements in order to be eligible to take the adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner certification exam.
The post master's certificate program prepares qualified nurses to be eligible to sit for the certifying exam and is not a degree-granting program. Admission to the certificate program is granted on a space available basis. The certificate program is designed as a part-time program.
Criteria for Admission to the Certificate Program
- Possession of a master's degree in a clinical area of nursing from an NLNAC/CCNE accredited program
- License to practice as a registered professional nurse in New York State
- One year medical-surgical clinical experience (or equivalent)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Interview with the nursing faculty
- Letter of intent
- Submission of a resume summarizing professional activities and completed continuing education