This post-licensure certificate is a collaborative partnership between Daemen College's Nursing Department and Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- To provide international licensed registered nurses experiences in an oncology hospital setting
- To foster the understanding of cultural differences in nursing care through classroom and clinical learning experiences
- To develop leadership skills in oncology nursing
Program Prerequisites/Admission Criteria
Students will be selected by their home hospital/healthcare institution based on the following criteria:
- Proficiency in English language as demonstrated by a minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL IBT or 600 on the TOEFL PBT. Students not meeting this requirement will need to enroll in an English remediation course at Daemen College to be completed prior to the onset of nursing studies.
- Proof of RN status in the student's home country.
- Successful completion of a registered nursing program as attested by official college/university transcripts to be sent to Daemen College
- Participants will need to demonstrate competency in nursing practice prior to beginning clinical placements at RPCI. Competency will be assessed by faculty at RPCI.
- Documentation of immunizations:
- Tetanus or Tetanus/Diphtheria toxoid within the past ten years
- Informed decision regarding Meningitis vaccine
- Medical history and physical examination within the past 12 months
Requirements for Completion of Oncology Certificate Program
- A minimum grade of C in all required certificate courses
- An overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.00
- Apply for certificate: All certificate students are required to file an Application for Certificate (PDF) form with the Registrar’s Office at the onset of the final term of study.
NOTE: Participation in the Commencement ceremony is not applicable to certificate candidates.
PUBLIC NOTICE OF UPCOMING ACCREDITATION REVIEW VISIT BY THE ACEN
Daemen College wishes to announce that it will host a site visit for continuing accreditation of its Baccalaureate nursing program (RN to BS program – includes 1+2+1 academic progression model) and Master’s/Post Master’s Certificate nursing programs by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). This is a concurrent visit with the New York State Education Department Office of the Professions for the purpose of re-registration and accreditation.
You are invited to meet with the site visit team and share your comments about the program in person at a meeting scheduled at 4p-5p on Wednesday, October 2, in Alumni Lounge in the Wick Center located at 4380 Main Street, Amherst, NY.
Written comments are also welcome and should be submitted directly to: