As a student on the dual degree track, your seat in the Physician Assistant Program is reserved pending completion of all prerequisite coursework, core curriculum requirements, direct patient contact experiences, and meeting the program's published academic standards. Four academic semesters, at a minimum, are required to complete the prerequisite coursework and core curriculum requirements. A combined BS/MS degree may be earned in five years.
Daemen College’s Physician Assistant Studies Program has been recognized as one of the best in the country in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Best Graduate Schools rankings. Learn more here.
- Daemen's program is one of only 236 (and growing rapidly) in the country to be accredited and one of a few that accepts freshman. If you enroll you won't have to reapply - your seat is reserved as long as you meet the academic requirements.
- The rigor of our program is evident in our 99% five-year average, first attempt pass rate on the NCCPA Certification Exam.
- Full-time faculty has over 130 years of cumulative clinical experience.
- You can pursue a variety of clinical experiences including partnerships with hundreds of sites in the Buffalo area and New York State.
- Clerkships are set up for students by Daemen’s own clinical coordinator.
- Our faculty is innovative, skilled, and proficient and many are board certified and fellowship trained.
- A faculty member from Daemen College has been awarded the New York State Society of Physician Assistants PA Educator of the year award 6 times.
- View Printable Information Sheet
The College does not accept transfer applications. Applicants for admission to the BS/MS degree track should apply directly to the Daemen College Office of Admissions.
All successful applicants must demonstrate evidence of strong mathematics and science preparation, knowledge of the profession, and superior interpersonal communication skills. A faculty interview is required. The admissions process is very competitive. Please refer to the FAQS for more specifics on prerequisites and minimum requirements.
Daemen College reserves the right to make changes to the Physician Assistant curriculum, and/or entrance criteria to the three year program, and/or program and graduation requirements. All enrolled students must meet all requirements if changed or amended by Daemen College.
Deliver medical services in doctor’s offices, hospitals, urgent care centers, emergency departments, surgical centers, correctional facilities, and more in a variety of specialties including surgery, family practice, psychiatry, orthopedics, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, emergency medicine and others.
The average annual salary for Physician Assistants is growing nationally. The average salary is $94,870. The profession is growing in terms of practitioners, with an estimated 60% increase expected over the next decade. Of the approximate 100,000 PAs in the nation, 1 in 10 is licensed in New York.
|E.J. Noble Hospital||Dent Neurological Institute|
|Rochester General Hospital||Saint Joseph's Hospital Health Center|
|Strong Health||Unity Hospital|
|WCA Hospital||Northtown Orthopedics|
|Excelsior Orthopedics||Erie County Medical Center|
|Veterans Administration||Buffalo Medical Group|
|Buffalo General Hospital||The Exigence Group|
|Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center||Eastern Niagara Hospital|
|Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo||Catholic Health System|
|A wide-variety of other hospitals and private practices|
Students Without Borders
Studying abroad and contributing to the lives of others has been a large part of Madison Keogan’s time at Daemen College. Keogan, a senior in the physician assistant program, spent two years as a contributor and president of the Students Without Borders program. Keogan described her experience traveling abroad and participating in the program. READ MORE
“Early in my internship, I scrubbed in on brain and spinal cord surgeries, practiced my clinical skills, and made a lot of great friends in the summer program,” said Clarkin. “It amazes me how much I learned from my peers about genomics, pharmacology, and bioinformatics within the first two weeks.” READ MORE