Social Work, B.A. - Field Education
Field Education is the critical bridge between social work education and practice. It is the arena in which students will exercise and affirm the knowledge, values, and skills required for the practice of professional social work within a variety of settings.
Review the BASW Field Education Manual (PDF).
Access to Field Education placement is based on formal acceptance based on the submission of the application materials listed below.
- Field Education Application Overview
- Field Education Application
- Field Education Self Assessment
- Field Education Selection and Goals
- Field Education Statement of Understanding
- Field Education Background Check and Screening Statement
- Field Education Release of Information
Applications are due to the Social Work Program Administrative Assistant by 3 p.m. on the second Friday in December. Please contact the Director of Field Education if you have any questions about the application process.
The documents listed below are important for all Daemen College Social Work Students.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Director of Field Education if you have any questions about field education.