Every year in February, Daemen College hosts All High Art Weekend, which consists of a Portfolio Scholarship Day and an Art Exhibition. Thousands of dollars in scholarships are awarded to standout portfolios and artwork.
Congratulations to last year's All High Art Weekend winners. Specific dates for the 2020 competition are coming soon, with general information below.
All High Art Weekend: Portfolio Scholarship Day
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in the arts, design, illustration, or animation, this is your opportunity to get your portfolio evaluated and be in the running for an arts scholarship. Each year during Portfolio Scholarship Day, two incoming freshmen are chosen as Visual Arts Scholars by the faculty based on the strength of their portfolio, academic potential, personal character, and leadership potential. Students are asked to submit a portfolio of 15–20 pieces of their best work. All High Portfolio Scholarship Day submission requires more work than general portfolio requirements, which you can find here.
The Portfolio Scholarship Day scholarship is $5,000 and renewed annually provided the recipient maintains a 3.0 or higher GPA. It is awarded to two students each year.
All High Art Weekend: Exhibition
The All High Art Exhibition is a juried competition open to all high school juniors and seniors enrolled in secondary programs throughout the region. The exhibition of high school artwork is on display at Daemen College’s Tower Gallery during the month of February. Student work can be dropped off by teachers at the end of January.
Art Exhibition Scholarships
Scholarships are renewed annually provided the recipient maintains a 3.0 or higher GPA.
• Best in Show: $3,000
• Best Illustration: $ 2,000
• Best Graphic Design: $2,000
• Best Painting: $2,000
• Best Photography: $2,000
• Best Print: $2,000
• Best New Media: $2,000
• Best 3D Work: $2,000
• Honorable Mention: $1,000
• Only junior and senior high school student work is eligible.
• All entries must be submitted by art teachers.
• One piece of artwork per student and three entries per teacher is allowed.
• Each piece of art must include a three part gallery tag, and student release form.
• Teachers should submit their work at the end of January in Daemen Tower Gallery; date and time tbd.
• Pick up for work is at the end of February; date and time tbd.
• Art submissions must be from the present academic year.
• Two-dimensional work is limited to a maximum size of 4ft x 4ft.
• Three-dimensional work should be no larger than 5ft in height, width, or depth.
• All work on paper, including photographs, must be matted securely with backing material and ready to hang.
• All two-dimensional work, including paintings on canvas or panel must be framed and have wire attached for hanging.
• Due to the scope of the exhibition and the difficulty in placing monetary value on the student work, Daemen College will not accept responsibility for insuring work against loss or damage.
• All work submitted must remain on display in the Tower Gallery until the end of the show.
• Submission of work to the All High Art Exhibition constitutes acceptance of all conditions listed above.
• Submissions not complying with guidelines will not be exhibited.
Questions? Contact the department for Visual & Performing Arts at email@example.com.