The Department for the Visual and Performing Arts proudly announces the 49th annual All High Exhibition, opening February 4, 2018, at 1:00 pm in the Tower Gallery of the Haberman Gacioch Art Center. This juried competition is open to all high school juniors and seniors enrolled in secondary art programs throughout the region. The exhibition will be on display in the Tower Gallery until Friday, February 23, 2018.
Student work may be dropped off at the Tower Gallery by their instructors on January 25 & 26, 2018 from 4-6pm.
Scholarships to Daemen College will be offered to winners in the following categories:
- Best in Show: $3,000
- Best Illustration: $2000
- Best Graphic Design: $2000
- Best Painting: $2000
- Best Photography: $2000
- Best Print: $2000
- Best New Media: $2000
- Best Three-dimensional Work: $2000
- Honorable Mentions: $1000
Scholarships will be granted upon admission to Daemen College and will be renewed annually provided the scholarship recipient maintains a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Additional cash awards will be provided by Daemen College and The Buffalo Society of Artists.
- Only junior and senior high school student work is eligible.
- All entries must be submitted by their cooperating art teachers - one piece of artwork per student - three entries per teacher.
- Teachers should submit their student work January 25 or 26 between 4-6 pm in the Tower Gallery.
- Each piece of artwork submitted must include both the three part gallery tag and student release form.
- Pick up for student work is March 1 & 2 from 4-6pm in the Tower Gallery.
- Artwork must be from the fall of 2017 to the present.
- Two-dimensional work is limited to the maximum size of 4' x 4', three-dimensional work should be no larger than 5' in dimension: height, width, or depth.
- All work on paper, including photographs, must be matted securely with backing material.
- All two-dimensional work, including paintings on canvas or panel, must be framed and have wire attached for hanging.
- Due to the scope of the exhibition and the difficulty in placing monetary value on the student work, Daemen College will not accept responsibility for insuring work against loss or damage.
- All work submitted must remain on display in the Tower Gallery until Friday, February 23, 2018.
- Submission of work to the All High exhibition constitutes acceptance of all conditions listed above.
- Submissions not complying with all of the guidelines will not be exhibited.
Questions? Contact the Department for the Visual & Performing Arts at VPA@daemen.edu