The Department for the Visual and Performing Arts recognizes the importance of creativity as the driving force in both life and work.
Creativity and commitment to the educational foundations of scholarship are what makes for a successful academic career. The VPA chooses to recognize these essential components by offering the Visual Arts Scholarship award of $5,000 renewable annually to two high school seniors who meet the scholarship guidelines on Portfolio Day, February 2nd, 2019.
Each year, two incoming freshmen are chosen as Visual Arts Scholars by the faculty of the Visual and Performing Arts department based on the strength of their portfolio, academic potential, personal character, and leadership. Winners of this prestigious scholarship will be announced at the awards ceremony of the 50th Annual All High Exhibition, Sunday, February 10th at 1pm in the Tower Gallery. Students and their families are encouraged to attend this exciting event!
To Submit Your Portfolio
Students are asked to submit a portfolio of 15 - 20 pieces of their best work to the Tower Gallery of the Haberman Gacioch Art Center located on the campus of Daemen College on Portfolio Day, February 2nd between 9 -11AM.
Submit your portfolio by mail, postmarked 1/31/19, with return postage to:
4380 Main St.
Amherst, NY 14226
Submit your portfolio digitally by 1/31/19 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Portfolio Day".
- Submit an outstanding portfolio of 15-20 pieces of original artwork in a variety of media. It is highly recommended that the actual work be provided; digital or photographic representation will be accepted for over-sized work. *
- Meet admission requirements for acceptance into Daemen College, including submission of current high school transcript with a cumulative average of 85 or higher.
- Submit three letters of recommendation: two from teachers, one from a non-family member.
- Scholarship must be applied to a degree within the Visual & Performing Arts Department.
- Maintain a minimum art studio grade point average of 3.3 during freshman year and a minimum of 3.5 thereafter. The Visual Arts Scholar also must maintain a minimum overall average of 2.75 based on a minimum of twelve semester hours of earned credit per semester year. Scholarship recipients will be evaluated at the end of each academic year.
* Students are strongly encouraged to personally submit their work on Portfolio Day. Students may pick up their portfolio the following week through Admissions.
Questions? Email us at VPA@daemen.edu