January 8-20, 2018
- Spend 2 weeks in Mexico City this January with Daemen faculty and students
- Experience downtown Mexico City and Puebla
- Receive 3 credits on your transcript (2 in the fall semester, 1 in the spring semester)
- Open to ALL majors from ALL class levels
- Excursions include
- National Palace
- Templo Mayor
- Overnight in Puebla and visit to Pyramid of Cholula
- Frida Kahlo Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Teotihuacán Pyramids
ALL participants MUST have a valid passport.
See below for more information!
This itinerary is tentative and subject to change.
Arrive in Mexico City and group dinner
Orientation and walking tour
Morning lecture and tour of Casa Barragan
Morning lecture and visit to Museum of Anthropology
Tour of historic downtown including National Palace, Cathedral, and Templo Mayor
Begin overnight trip to Puebla
Visit Pyramid of Cholula and walking tour of city center
Visit Museum in Puebla and Loreto Fort
Return to Mexico City
Visit Plaza of the Three Cultures and Basílica de Guadalupe
Visit Frida Kahlo Museum and Coyoacán
Tour of Belles Artes
Franz Meyer Museum
Diego Rivera Mural
Visit Museum of Contemporary Art and Chapultepec Castle
Visit UNAM, Dolores Olmedo Museum, and Xochimilco
Depart for Buffalo
IND 398/SPA 398
Instructors: Dr. Mills and Prof. Hammer
Student may enroll in either course.
More course info coming soon!
Daemen reserves the right to adjust its fees in the event of significant change in exchange rates or other factors beyond its control.
Estimated Program total: $2,500
Non-refundable deposit -------------> $500 due on May 5th to hold your spot
2nd payment ----------------> $500 ($1,000 if you haven't paid deposit) due on September 12th
3rd payment------------------------------> $1,000 due on October 16th
Final payment----------------------------> $500** due on November 13th
**Amount dependent on fundraising efforts
Payments can be in cash, check or credit card in the Business Office (DS 106). Please make sure the student name is on the check (in the memo line if it is not a personal check) and inform the staff it is for the January Mexico program. Do not pay Student Accounts.
1. Submit a copy of your passport to GPO in DS 245
2. Complete the Instructor's Permission Required form. Requires the signatures of your advisor, and either Dr. Mills OR Global Programs Staff.
3. Wait for registrar to lift the hold.
4. Add IND 398/SPA 398 to your program plan on WebAdvisor
- You will enroll in 2 credits for Fall 2017 and 1 credit for Spring 2018
- IF you need to move credits, you MUST speak with GPO prior to completing the above form
5. Make your deposit by May 5th for early deadline or Sept. 12th for final deadline