Steps to Study Abroad
1. Meet with us!
- Visit the Global Programs Office (DS 245) during drop-in hours: Tuesdays 10a-12p and Fridays 1p-3p.
- Attend one of our "How to Study Abroad" workshops. The next workshop will take place Friday, Sept. 28th 3:30pm in DS 256.
2. Choose and apply for your program
- We offer programs in over 20 countries through partner providers and International Seminars!
- Choose the program which fits best with your personal, academic, and professional goals.
- Use the links on the right to view programs by region, country, and city.
- Each program has an individual application process and specific deadline - pay close attention to due dates!
3. Apply for or renew your passport.
4. Research scholarships
- Start your application early! Scholarship applications are often due 4-12 months prior to your program start date.
- Global Programs staff will assist with essay review for national scholarships.
- Complete a budget form and discuss your finances with the Financial Aid office (DS 111).
5. Complete GPO paperwork
- All study abroad participants will be instructed to complete the following by a given deadline:
- Study abroad application
- Confidential Health History form
- Off-campus course request form (N/A for Int'l Seminars)
- Advisement & Authorization form (N/A for Int'l Seminars)
7. Attend pre-departure orientation
- Pre-departure orientation will be held at the end of the semester, prior to your departure.
8. See the world!