Bessel, Diane, PhD, LMSW, CNM
Assistant Professor & Graduate Program Director of Social Work & Sociology
- John R. Oishei Foundation grant for the Institute for Government and Non-Profit Innovation, Training, and Evaluation (IGNITE), April 2018.
- Ralph C. Wilson Foundation grant to conduct parent focus groups for the WNY Early Childhood Funders Consortium, July 2017.
Dalley, Hamish, PhD
Assistant Professor of English
- “Traveling with Pausanias through Greece,” cosponsored by the Center for Hellenic Studies (CHS) at Harvard University and the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC). June 17–25, 2018, Greece. Selected participant with full scholarship.
Dreyer, Maggie, ’89, MSW, LCSW-R
Clinical Instructor and Director of Field Education Social Work/Sociology
- 2017 Distinguished Alumni Award recipient for Service to the Community, selected by the Daemen College National Alumni Board of Governors.
Inglis, Lisa, PT, DPT, NCS
Clinical Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy
- Parkinson’s Foundation Physical Therapy Faculty Program, June 11–14, 2018, Center for Neurorehabilitation at Boston University, Boston, MA. Selected participant.
Kegler, Kevin, MA
Professor and Program Director for Graphic Design/Sculpture
- Second Prize for “Prelude to Dawn” (2018). After the Pedestal, the 11th Exhibition of Small Sculpture from the Region, Juried Exhibit. The Sculpture Center, Summer 2018, Cleveland, OH.
Law, Jeffrey J., PhD
Assistant Professor of Natural Sciences
- National Science Foundation Travel Award in support of his presentation at the Life Discovery Conference (LDC) at the University of Oklahoma, October 2017.
Niland, Bridget, JD
Associate Professor of Business Administration and Director of Athletics
- Margaret L. Wendt Foundation grant for the Center for Allied and Unified Sport and Recreation (CAUSE), October 2017.
Nosek, Cheryl, DNS, RN, CNE
Professor of Nursing and Department Chair
- 2018 Nurse of Distinction in Education, The Buffalo News and the Professional Nurses Association of Western New York, May 2018.
Parshall, Lisa PhD
Associate Professor of Political Science
- Richard P. Nathan Public Policy Fellow, Rockefeller Institute of Government, 2018–2019, Albany, NY.
- Baruch College Howard J. Samuels State and City Policy Center grant for research related to village government dissolution in New York State, July 2017.
Regan, William F., JD,
Assistant Professor of Business Administration and Sport Management
- Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Legacy Fund of the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo grant for the Center for Allied and Unified Sport & Exercise (CAUSE), June 2018.
Ricci, James, PhD
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- American Mathematical Society/American Association for the Advancement of Science (AMS-AAAS) Congressional Fellow, 2018–19, Washington, DC
Sankoh, Joseph, PhD
Associate Professor of History & Political Science
- WNY Fulbright Conference “Advancing the Power of International Academic Exchange,” October 20, 2017, Medaille College, Buffalo, NY, Conference Chair.
Schenk, Ronald, PT, PhD, OCS, FAAOMPT, Dip MDT
Professor of Physical Therapy
- 2017 Mike Hage Lecturer Award for Passion, Compassion, Sharing, and Inspiration, September 2017, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL.
Shutts, Gregg, EdD, PA-C, DFAAPA
Professor of Physician Assistant Studies and Department Chair
- New York State Board of Medicine, Physician Assistant, Appointed Member, 2018-2023.
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Elected to Executive Committee/Treasurer, 2018-2019.
- 2018 Health Care Champion in Western New York, Buffalo Business First, April 2018.
Stiles, Meri, PhD, LMSW
Associate Professor of Social Work
- .NCAA CHOICES alcohol education grant program in partnership with Student Affairs and Daemen Athletics, April 2018
Tandon, Aakriti, PhD
Assistant Professor of Political Science
- Women’s Caucus of International Studies (WCIS), International Studies, Association At-Large Member, 2018-2020
Ward, Matthew, PhD,
Associate Professor of Chemistry and Faculty Senate President
- National Collegiate Honors Council, Science, Mathematics and Sustainability Committee, Appointed Member, 2018-20.
Wise, Andrew Kier, PhD
Professor of History
- Visiting Professor of History, Jagiellonian University, Kraków (Poland). February–June 2018.
Wolf, Mary, PhD
Associate Professor of Art Education
- New York State Art Teachers Association, College Liaison & Board of Trustees Member, 2017.