Think Tank mini-grants support both theoretical and applied research projects in all fields, resulting in the publication of research findings and presentations at Daemen’s annual Academic Festival each spring. Joint faculty-student research projects seek to enhance local, national, and global well-being, while exploring diverse research agendas—such as the ramifications of newgenics and analyzing the water chemistry of Lake Erie.
Chimera, Nicole, PhD & Begalle, Rebecca, PhD
- Tate Odell: The Effects of MovNat Training on Functional Movement and Working Memory
Cantwell, Nancy Marck, PhD
- Kelly Ferreira & Sara Hornung: Archive of Literary Britain Underrepresented in Scholarship (ALBUS)
Edsberg, Laura, PhD, Ramos, Diane, PhD, Ricci, James, PhD, & Ward, Matthew, PhD
- IND101 Team Teaching experiment: Common Denominators in Math & Science
Edsberg, Laura, PhD
Allison Christie: Hemorrhage and Adipose Tissue in the Development of Deep Tissue Pressure Injuries
Gunther, Robert, PhD
Maria De Luna: Neurotoxins from Lake Erie Cyanobacteria: Bioaccumulation Study
Whorley, Sarah, PhD
- Cole Beale: Effects of Boat Fuel on Water Chemistry of Lake Erie Presented poster at 57th Annual Northeast Algal Symposium (NEAS), Apr 13–15, 2018, University of New Haven,West Haven, CT.
- Mopati Kuswani: Water Chemistry, Enzyme Activity, and Fatty Acid Concentrations as Indicators of Water Quality of Erie County Streams Presented poster at 57th Annual Northeast Algal Symposium (NEAS), Apr 13–15, 2018, University of New Haven,West Haven, CT
- Abigail LaFlair: Macroinvertebrate and Periphyton Negatively Affected by Increasing Seasonal Salinity
Merriam, Deborah, DNS, RN CNE
- Crystal Thauer: The Nurse Leadership Development Program (NLDP)
Tekin, Serife, PhD
- Gabrielle Marie Sinnott (History and Political Science, with minors in Philosophy, Medical Humanities, Global Studies, and Public History): Euthanasia: A Form of Newgenics?
Presented poster at National Consortium for Undergraduate Research (NCUR), Apr 4–8, 2018, Oklahoma City, OK, and Northeast Regional Honors Council (NRHC) Conference, April 12–15, 2018, Providence, RI.
Ross, Michael, PhD
- Brian Farnand , Florianna Pattacciato, & Colleen Zuniga: Screening & Management Practices for Patients Who Are Prediabetic
Terryberry, Karl, PhD
- Jump Start Pilot Project with Western New York Maritime Charter School in Buffalo, NY (Phase II- Fall 2017)
Emer, Denise, PhD
Nicholas Parkolap: The Dark Personality Traits and Leadership Effectiveness in the Workplace