- Must be a high school graduate or possess a state-approved equivalency diploma.
- Be a resident of New York State for at least one year prior to applying for HEOP
- Meet BOTH the academic and financial guidelines defined below.
- Academic profile, including high school grades, SAT/ACT, and academic history does not meet admissibility under Daemen College's regular admissions standards. The HEOP staff will evaluate applicants with a minimum HSA/GPA of 74 and/or a minimum SAT score of 740.
- Have the potential and motivation for successful completion of college.
- Meet the economic criteria established by the New York State Education Department (see chart below) with appropriate documentation.
- Meet one of the following categories with the appropriate documentation:
> The student is living with foster parents who do not provide support for college, and no financial assistance is provided by the natural parents;
> The student is a ward of the state or county.
2019-2020 Opportunity Program Financial Guidelines
|Persons In Family||Income Guidelines|
|8 or more||add 7,992 for each additional person|
Submission of ALL of the following materials:
- HEOP Supplemental Data Form (PDF)
- Proof of Income - Documentation of ALL household income for 2017:
> SIGNED copy of Federal IRS Form 1040, W-2 Form(s), 4506T, Social Security Documentation, Social Services Documentation, Unemployment Compensation, Disability Payments, Child Support Documentation, Alimony, Other forms of income
- Signed copy of the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please add Daemen College School Code: 002808
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Teachers, Guidance Counselors, Employers, etc.)
- High School Transcript
- SAT/ACT Scores
- Personal Essay - respond to ONE of the following prompts:
> Pick an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development.
> What do you see as the greatest threat to America today?
> What advise would you offer a student just beginning their high school career?
> What do you consider to be the best advice you ever received?
> Who gave you that advice and did/do you follow that advice or not?
Students applying for HEOP cannot apply "test optional" and MUST include their SAT scores.
Please submit all materials to:
Arthur O. Eve HEOP Office
4380 Main Street
Amherst, NY 14226
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program at (716) 839-8249.