Daemen College requires all students living in campus housing, student-athletes (club as well as intercollegiate sports), and students in health-related fields of study while participating in external learning experiences (clinical affiliations, internships, etc.) to be covered by health insurance that offers adequate* coverage in the Buffalo/Amherst area. Students who have adequate coverage will be required to WAIVE Daemen Student Health Insurance Plan at the beginning of each academic calendar year while those who do not have adequate coverage will be required to ENROLL in the Plan.
In partnership with Haylor, Freyer and Coon, we offer a student-focused health insurance plan that is subject to certain insurance policy benefit minimums and mandates required by the Affordable Care Act. Students taking six credits or more are eligible to enroll in the plan. Dependent coverage is available as well.
The Student Health Insurance Plan offers a 12-month health insurance plan that protects a student at school, at home, and while traveling or studying abroad. Plan highlights include:
- Annual deductibles: $250 In Network and $600 Out of Network
- Coverage at 80% of preferred allowances In Network and 60% Out of Network
- In Network physicians’ office visits covered at 80% after a $25 co-pay
- Preventive care services with no deductibles, co-pays or coinsurance (In Network only)
- Prescription drug coverage with 20/40/70 tiers, In Network
- Worldwide coverage including Medical Evacuation, Repatriation & Travel Assistance Services
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- Wellness discounts including Vision and Dental
International students will be ENROLLED in the Daemen College Student Health Insurance plan to ensure adequate coverage while in the United States.
*Adequate coverage includes:
- Access to local doctors and other health care providers
- Diagnostic testing/lab services
- Prescription drugs coverage
- Outpatient mental health services
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital services
- Emergency services
- Urgent care coverage
Waive or Enroll in the Daemen Health Plan
Starting July 1:
WAIVE (if you have adequate health insurance coverage; have your insurance card handy)
- or -
the Daemen College Student Health Insurance Plan by going to
(this link will not be active until July 1, 2018)
Please go to our health insurance administrator's web page to learn about the plan. The cost (once you have elected to enroll) will be added to your tuition bill. Please review the FAQ for this plan before going online and enrolling. You may also review the Benefit Highlight Flyer for an overview of the plan.
Rates for the upcoming 2018-19 academic year:
The staff of the Health and Insurance Services Office is happy to assist you in the enrollment process. Just give us a call at (716) 839-8446.