Daemen College upholds the New York State law which requires students to file a record of medical examination and health history prior to attendance.
Full clearance for course registration cannot be granted until all pre-entrance medical requirements have been met. These include:
- Incoming Student Health Form
- Medical history (page 2 of health form)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire (page 2 of health form)
- Physical examination (page 3 of health form)
- Proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (if born on or after January 1, 1957)
- Informed decision regarding the Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine (regardless of age). Please view the Meningococcal Meningitis Fact Sheet as well as the Protection Against Meningitis flyer before making a decision. To make an informed decision, student must provide one of the following:
- A record of Meningococcal Meningitis immunization within the past five (5) years
- An acknowledgement of Meningococcal Meningitis disease risks and refusal of Meningococcal Meningitis immunizations signed by the student or, if a minor, student’s parent or guardian. You can print a copy and sign the Meningococcal Informed Response Form or sign the waiver found on page 3 of the student health form
In accordance with the law, no student will be allowed to attend classes without the required information on file in the Health & Insurance Services Office.
Keys to campus housing will not be given until all the required information has been submitted to the Health & Insurance Services Office.