International Student Health Requirements
Daemen College upholds the New York State law which requires students to file a record of medical examination and health history prior to attendance.
Full clearance for course registration cannot be granted until all pre-entrance medical requirements have been met. These include:
- Completed Incoming Student Health Form
- Medical history (page 2 of health form)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire (page 2 of health form)
- Physical examination (page 3 of health form)
- Proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (if born on or after January 1, 1957)
- Informed decision regarding the Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine (regardless of age). Please view the Meningococcal Meningitis fact sheet before making a decision. To make an informed decision, students must provide one of the following:
- A record of Meningococcal Meningitis immunization within the past five (5) years
- An acknowledgement of Meningococcal Meningitis disease risks and refusal of Meningococcal Meningitis immunizations signed by the student or, if a minor, student’s parent or guardian. The waiver can be found on page 3 of the health form.
- Administration of Td/TDap toxoid within the past ten (10) years
- Proof of immunity to Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Proof of immunity to Hepatitis B
In accordance with the law, no student will be allowed to attend classes without the required information on file in the Health & Insurance Services Office.
Keys to campus housing will not be given until all the required information has been submitted to the Health & Insurance Services Office.
Daemen Health Insurance
International students will be enrolled in the Daemen College Student Health Insurance plan to ensure adequate coverage while in the United States.