Campus Health Events
Stay tuned for more events brought to you by the CHIP Center!
Why Give Blood?
There is no substitute for blood. It has to come from one person in order to give to another. A critical number of voluntary donations are required every day to meet the need for blood in the areas we serve.
Questions and Comments:
If you have any questions about donating blood, please contact Unyts at 512-7940 or visit their website. If you have any questions about the blood drive contact Health Services (716) 839-8446.
More than 200,000 people are hospitalized from seasonal flu-related complications every year. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a yearly flu vaccine as the first and most important step in protecting against flu viruses.
Dates for the 2018 on-campus Flu Shot Clinic
- Thursday, September 13, 2018
- Thursday, September 20, 2018
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018
- Tuesday, October 2, 2018
- Thursday, October 11, 2018
- Tuesday, October 23, 2018
**All Clinics will run from 10am-2pm in the WICK Center
Flu Symptoms include:
- Fever* (usually high) or feeling feverish/chills
- Fatigue (extreme tiredness)
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Sometimes vomiting (more common in children than adults)
- Sometimes diarrhea (more common in children than adults)
*Not everyone with flu will have a fever.
Protect yourself from the flu:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you are sick with flu-like illness, the CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone, except to get medical care or for other necessities (your fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine).
- While sick, limit contact with others to avoid infecting them.
Health & Wellness Fair
Held in Wick Campus Center Tuesday October 23rd.
Call Health Services at (716) 839-8446 for more information on the Annual Wellness Fair.