Test Accommodation Procedure
Prior to exam
- Each student is responsible for scheduling exams with the Coordinator for Disability Services at least three business days before the testing date.
- For every exam or quiz taken in Disability Services, each student must complete an Instructor Testing Form (commonly called the "green sheet") and give it to the instructor. It must be received by the instructor at least one class day prior to the exam. "Last-minute" requests for testing accommodations may not be honored. Please see the Coordinator for Disability Services for more information about specific questions or concerns.
- The instructor will deliver the exam and the Instructor Testing Form to Disability Services prior to the exam time.
Day of the exam
- The student should report directly to Disability Services 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled exam time.
- The student is responsible for bringing all necessary supplies for the exam (i.e. pens, pencils, calculator, etc.).
- Only authorized materials indicated by the instructor on the testing form will be permitted inside the test room.
- Disability Services is responsible for returning the completed exam to the instructor.
- If a student fails to appear for a scheduled exam, the test will be returned to the instructor. It is then the student's responsibility to contact the instructor in regards to the matter.
Evening exams: Typically, Disability Services administers exams 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. When possible, students will be asked to take evening exams earlier in the day. If an exam must be administered after 4:30 p.m., be sure to confirm the arrangements as early as possible with the Coordinator for Disability Services. Please contact the Coordinator with concerns about scheduling a particular exam.
Late for an exam: All exams are to begin on time. The exam will begin with or without the student. If a student is going to be late because of extenuating circumstances, please contact Disability Services immediately (716) 839-8228.
Exam date/time change: It is the student's responsibility to notify Disability Services if an exam date or time has been changed.
Starting exams early: Exams should be scheduled for the regular class time. Because of extended time, a student may start an exam before the class. If the student completes the exam earlier than expected the student will be required to stay in the suite until after the class has begun the test.