The dentist profession is expected to increase 8 percent from 2020 to 2030 and has a median yearly salary of over $160,000.
Gain critical experience and knowledge that will strongly prepare you for success in dental school.
Pre-Dental Program Highlights
- Pre-dental students often major in either biology or biochemistry; however, students can choose any major – from the sciences, arts, languages, and more – to qualify for dental school admission.
- Pre-dental experience and coursework requirements prepare students for admittance into dental school as well as other professional and graduate programs.
- Each student has their own academic advisor to provide them with individualized support and guidance to help them achieve their future education and career goals.
- Students complete a valuable two-year research experience with their Natural Science Department faculty mentor and write a senior thesis.
- Service learning is required for all majors at Daemen, which is favorable to most medical schools and aligns with their mission.
Pre-dental graduates are prepared for success in dental school and many other programs and career paths. Once graduating from a professional program, opportunities for dentists are available in many areas, including:
- Private practice
- Outpatient care
- Dental education
- Public health care policy
- Dental research