Applications open from November 1 - December 21, 2022.
Artists informed of selection in January 2023.
The program in Leadership and Entrepreneurship in the Arts at Daemen University, in partnership with Arts Services Inc. & Buffalo Center for Arts Technology proudly announces EMERGENCE: A Celebration of the Emerging Artist.
Designed to highlight the accomplishments and support the growth of artists between the ages of 17-30, the second annual EMERGENCE exhibition will celebrate the next generation of professional artists through a series of panel discussions, presentations, workshops, and two gallery exhibitions.
EMERGENCE is sponsored by the new Bachelor of Science program in Leadership and Entrepreneurship in the Arts at Daemen – a four-year degree designed to equip art majors with the skills needed to succeed as professional artists or as members of the not-for-profit cultural center.
“The focus of EMERGENCE is twofold by fostering entrepreneurial skills within college ready art students & providing resources to early career artists who have already begun to find a toehold in the professional world,” said Robert Waterhouse, chair of the Department of Visual and Performing Arts (VPA) at Daemen. “We wanted to find those artists who will be causing waves and ripples throughout WNY in the coming years. But we also wanted to create a network of support for these artists as they embark on their early career goals,”
This year, EMERGENCE celebrates the work of young artists with two juried art shows, one foregrounding the work of artists between the ages of 17 and 21 and the second showcasing artists between ages 22 and 30. In addition to the juried shows, EMERGENCE this year will offer professional workshops aimed at early career artists and opportunities in networking, curating, and other skills.
Help us celebrate the work of the next generation of artists!
This juried series will celebrate the work of artists under 30 in two categories: 17-21 years old; 22 - 30 years old.
- Selected work by young people in the first category will be shown at Buffalo Center for Art and Technology (BCAT). March 9-31st
- A $5,000 scholarship, which may be used towards the pursuit of a major with Daemen University’s Visual and Performing Arts program, will be awarded to Best in Show.
- Two additional scholarships of $2,500 will be awarded for transfer students
- Selected work by artists under 30 in the second category will be shown at the Tower Gallery, Haberman Gacioch Center for the Visual and Performing Arts, Daemen University, April 14th-28th
- Panels and speaker opportunities, along with workshops by Arts Services Inc., will be made available to artists at both locations with a central theme of Artist as Entrepreneur.
- YOUNG ARTISTS Ages 17-21
- YOUNG PROFESSIONALS Ages 22-30
Galleries & Exhibition Dates
- Buffalo Center for Arts and Technology: March 9th - 31st
- Daemen University Tower Gallery: April 14th - 28th
Submit Your Artwork
Note: the works you should submit are the works you intend to show if selected by the jury. All works should be ready to hang and available during the exhibition dates.