Daemen has a 100 percent job placement rate for our accounting graduates.
Prepare to take the CPA exam and become a public accountant while earning both your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in just four and a half years.
- Program is registered with the New York State Board of Accountancy and meets the150-hour requirement to sit for the CPA exam.
- The program can be completed within 4.5 years, allowing students to graduate in December and enter the job market in time for tax season.
- The graduate portion of the 150-hour program is based on global business.
- Daemen provides exceptional connections to the local job market, which often lead to paid, full-time positions upon graduation.
- All students receive personalized support with their internship and job placement.
- Students work with a number of current software applications, such as Enterprise Resource, XBRL, Quickbooks, and more.
- Students provide free tax help to individuals with low or moderate income through our Volunteer Income Tax Program.
- Students may complete a three-course sequence in forensic accounting during their undergraduate study.
Students will be qualified for employment in a variety of accounting-related careers. For more information on Accounting careers and salaries, please visit the American Institute of CPAs.
Popular career options include
- Financial analyst
- Company controller
- Tax accountant
- Auditor and many more
Recent Graduates’ Jobs
- Tax accountant, Lumsden and McCormick, Sodexho
- Auditor, Fox & Co.
- Financial analyst, M&T Bank
- Internal auditor, First Niagara Bank
- Staff accountants: Price Waterhouse Coopers, LLP, D’ARATA and Company, Gaines, Metzler, Kriner and Co., LLP, Semanchin & Wetter LLP, Fiddler & Co
Through this program, Daemen students gain practical experience working with the community on their taxes. Students offer free tax help to people who generally earn $54,000 or less per year, have a disability, or speak limited English.
Daemen’s student preparers must become IRS certified by taking the income tax theory class, and passing IRS exams in ethics, general tax return preparation, taxation of international students and taxation of military students.
Many students who participated in the VITA program during previous years return to help because they find the experience very meaningful.