Get Involved In Residence Life!
The Office of Housing & Residence Life hires 22 Resident Assistants and two Graduate Resident Coordinators for each academic year.
Resident Assistant (RA) Recruitment
Resident Assistants (RAs) are responsible for establishing a comfortable rapport with each student in the hall or on the floor. This includes being aware of the personal and academic needs of each individual student. Through programming and community development, the RAs promote an atmosphere conducive to studying and personal growth. In addition the RAs are a resource for students at Daemen. RAs assist residents in acclimating to Daemen's campus, answer questions on a wide variety of topics, and refer students to other departments as needed.
Electronic Applications will be distributed by e-mail and can be located at the end of this web page.
Dates & Information to Know:
- January 27, 2015 at 7 PM in RIC 120
- Come ask questions about the RA position to RA's with vastly different experiences, along with one of the Resident Coordinators. This is your opportunity to ask questions freely and get the honest answers.
- January 20, 2015: Applications become available on line and via email
- February 4, 2015: Applications are due to Residence Life by 4 PM
- February 8, 2015: Group Interviews
- February 9- 13, 2015: Individual Interviews
RA Candidates are then selected to move onto an RA Class. Not every candidate will be asked to partake in the RA class. Candidates are notified via letter in their campus mailbox.
*Letters will be distributed via Daemen email on Friday, February 13, 2015
- February 15, 2015: Class 1
- February 22, 2015: Class 2
- March 1, 2015: Class 3
- Positions are offered by the Professional Staff in Person on March 6, 2015.
Forms for Application:
Hall Director Recruitment
Hall Directors are responsible for supervising the Resident Assistant staff and specific administrative tasks throughout the academic year. Hall Directors are required to be enrolled in a Masters program studying Higher Education or Student Personnel Administration. These live-in professionals are resources for students and staff.
Dates & Information to Know:
- Cover Letter highlighting Residence Life or Student Leadership experience
- Three References; At least one involved in Student Affairs
- Verification of admission or currently enrolled in a Higher Education/ Student Affairs Masters program (not relevant if interviewing through an Assistantship Day)
- 2015-2016 job description will be posted by February 1, 2015
- Canisius Assistantship Day
- University at Buffalo Assistantship Day
- Buffalo State Assistantship Fair
- Phone interview if unavailable for a local Assistantship Day
*Final Candidates will be brought to campus. On campus visit includes;
- Interview with Housing & Residence Life Professional Staff and Director of Orientation & Student Leadership
- Interview with current RAs or RA candidates
- Residence Hall Tour
- Brief interview with VP for Student Affairs and/or members of the Student Affairs Division if possible.
*Summer opportunities may be available for Summer 2015. Please contact Danielle Weaver (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
For questions on the recruitment process, please contact our office at 716-839-8200.