Get Involved In Residence Life!
The Office of Housing & Residence Life hires 22 Resident Assistants and two Graduate Resident Coordinators for each academic year.
*Recruitment will begin December 2014 for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Resident Assistant (RA) Recruitment
Resident Assistants (RAs) are responsible for establishing a comfortable rapport with each student in the hall or on the floor. This includes being aware of the personal and academic needs of each individual student. Through programming and community development, the RAs promote an atmosphere conducive to studying and personal growth. In addition the RAs are a resource for students at Daemen. RAs assist residents in acclimating to Daemen's campus, answer questions on a wide variety of topics, and refer students to other departments as needed.
Electronic Applications will be distributed by e-mail and can be located at the end of this web page.
Housing & Residence Life has hired their staff for the 2014-2015 academic year. If positions become available, any current student will have access to the application via Daemen e-mail.
Dates & Information to Know:
- November 21st at 7 PM in RIC 120
- Come ask questions about the RA position to RA's with vastly different experiences, along with one of the Resident Coordinators. This is your opportunity to ask questions freely and get the honest answers.
- November 21st, 2013: Applications become available
- January 29th, 2014: Applications are due to Residence Life by 4 PM
- February 2nd, 2014: Group Interviews
- February 3rd- 7th: Individual Interviews
RA Candidates are then selected to move onto an RA Class. Not every candidate will be asked to partake in the RA class. Candidates are notified via letter in their campus mailbox.
*Letters have been distributed for the 2014-2015 application process.
- February 23rd, 2014: Class 1
- March 2nd, 2014: Class 2
- March 16th, 2014: Class 3
- March 23rd, 2014: Class 4
- Positions are offered by the Professional Staff in Person on March 28th, 2014.
Forms for Application:
Resident Coordinator (RC) Recruitment
Resident Coordinators (RCs) are responsible for supervising the Resident Assistant staff and specific administrative tasks throughout the academic year. Resident Coordinators are required to be enrolled in a Masters program studying Higher Education or Student Personnel Administration. These live-in professionals are resources for students and staff when emergencies or situations after 4 PM occur on campus. More personable information on the current Resident Coordinators can be found on the "Residence Life Staff" page.
Dates & Information to Know:
- Cover Letter highlighting Residence Life or Student Leadership experience
- Three References; At least one involved in Student Affairs
- Verification of admission or currently enrolled in a Higher Education/ Student Affairs Masters program (not relevant if interviewing through an Assistantship Day)
- 2014-15 RC Job Descriptions
- Canisius Assistantship Day
- University at Buffalo Assistantship Day
- Phone interview if unavailable for a local Assistantship Day
*Final Candidates will be brought to campus. On campus visit includes;
- One hour interview with Housing & Residence Life Professional Staff and Director of Orientation & Student Leadership
- One hour meet and greet with current RAs or RA candidates
- Residence Hall Tour
- Brief meet and greet with Dean of Students and/or members of the Student Affairs Division if possible.
*Summer opportunities may be available for Summer 2015. Please contact Jill Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
For questions on the recruitment process, please contact our office at 716-839-8200.