Between 2014 and 2024, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects nearly 1.9 million job openings for teachers of preschool through postsecondary school.
Gain field experience in local classrooms beginning your freshman year as opposed to your junior year like many other competing programs.
- Core and advanced specialty courses provide students with the knowledge and skills to make mathematical contributions to society through pure mathematics or mathematics applied to other disciplines.
- Education classes provide instruction in the craft of teaching and provide strong preparation for state Teacher Certification Exams.
- Students learn about the application of mathematical science in the most relevant areas, including computer science, applied modeling, and statistics.
- Field experiences are available through Daemen’s partnerships with local public, private, and charter schools as well as educational agencies and community centers.
- Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration.
Master's in Special Education
Stay for a fifth year and earn a master’s degree in special education in just three semesters! As a graduate student in our master’s in special education program, you will learn how to create lesson plans aligned to New York state’s Next Generation and Common Core learning standards, as well as understand the laws that protect students.
Daemen graduates are teaching in many school districts and public school systems, including Buffalo, Williamsville, Clarence, Cheektowaga, New York City, Baltimore, and Myrtle Beach, among others.
A number of our graduates have also advanced to working in educational administration.