Daemen students have a combined pass rate consistently above 90 percent on the annual New York State Teacher Certification Examinations.
Gain field experience in local classrooms beginning your freshman year as opposed to your junior year like many other competing programs.
- Students earn a bachelor of science in childhood education degree with New York State Initial Certification for grades one to six.
- Program features small class sizes to increase interaction between students and faculty members who are dedicated to teaching excellence and providing personal attention.
- Field experiences are available through Daemen’s partnerships with local public, private, and charter schools as well as educational agencies and community centers.
- Students learn to teach with advanced instructional technology, including SMART Boards, iPads, and educational apps.
- Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration.
Master's in Special Education
Stay for a fifth year and earn a master’s degree in special education in just three semesters! As a graduate student in our master’s in special education program, you will learn how to create lesson plans aligned to New York state’s Next Generation and Common Core learning standards, as well as understand the laws that protect students.
Daemen education graduates work in many different education settings.
Recent graduates have found work at the following institutions
- Buffalo Public Schools
- Williamsville Central School District
- Clarence School District
- New York City Board of Education
- Autism Services Education Resources
- Cantalician Center for Learning