New Employee Information & Procedures
Congratulations on your position at Daemen University! We are happy to have you be a part of the team. Please reference the following for more information about the New Hire process, and what needs to be done before your first day.
Note: All new hires must complete an application to a posted position via ApplicantPro (https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/) before they can be onboarded.
New Hire Checklist:
- ACCEPT EMPLOYMENT OFFER:
- Staff and Faculty must verbally accept their offer first for the onboarding process to begin.
- Staff must return signed offer letter to Employee Engagement Office with their new hire paperwork.
- Faculty must return signed contract to Dean's Office.
- PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK:
- Complete your employment background check through Metrodata. You will receive a link to your personal email to complete the background check. (Background checks can take roughly 3 to 5 days, however, it you have live or have lived in several states/counties outside of NY, the background may take as long as two weeks..)
- COMPLETE NEW HIRE FORMS:
- New hire forms and/or benefit enrollments are completed electronically online through ADP WorkforceNow.
- DAEMEN USER ACCOUNT / EMAIL:
- Your supervisor is responsible for completing the IT New User Request Form to obtain your email, phone, and access to all required technology as applicable to your job, ie Blackboard, Colleague. IT creates accounts twice a week, every Wednesday and Friday.
- Once your account is created, you will receive an email with a link to activate your Daemen email. The link to activate your email will expire within 24 hours for security purposes. Your email will not be activated until you complete the registration process.
- Sender: OneLogin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Invitation to OneLogin from Daemen University
- Sender: OneLogin <email@example.com>
- PARKING PASS:
- Register and pay for your annual Campus Parking pass via your MyDaemen Account: https://www.permitsales.net/daemenuniversity
- BENEFITS ENROLLMENT:
- If full time status, you will be sent instructions on how to enroll in your benefits along with a full list of offerings your first week.
- ONBOARDING GUIDE:
- Take a look at the Onboarding Guide to help familiarize yourself with some useful tools and resources as you become accustomed to our campus.
Parking Pass Information
- All vehicles are required to be registered by the start of the academic year. The annual fee for a parking permit is $50. The fee can be paid via credit card. Please note that regular full-time and part-time employees who earn under $25,000 will not be charged an annual fee but again, all vehicles still need to be registered. The fee for all adjunct faculty is $25.
- In order to register, please go online at: daemen.edu/parking. You will need to login using your username and password first. You can register multiple vehicles at no extra charge, but will only be issued one tag to switch between multiple vehicles. To use the same information as last year you can use the green plus button in each location.
IT Office Equipment & Account Activation Information
- Requests for employee's IT equipment and access will be submitted by the hiring supervisor via the New User Request Form.
- Accounts will be created no sooner than one month before the employees expected start date (exceptions can be requested). Accounts are created twice a week every Wednesday and Friday morning.
Daemen University strongly encourages all campus community members to get vaccinated for COVID-19, including a booster vaccine. Individuals who are boosted will face fewer restrictions and be better protected from serious illness. At this time, COVID-19 Vaccination is no longer mandatory. However, the COVID-19 pandemic is an evolving global risk that may require adaptation of policies as necessary depending on public health information and data trends. Daemen University reserves the right to reinstate mandatory vaccination and require unvaccinated community members to receive a vaccine to maintain active employment, with the option of engaging a potential medical or religious accommodation exemption process. All employees, regardless of full time, part time, per diem, or temporary status, are strongly encouraged to receive a completed course of one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccinations (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson).