Daemen has a 100 percent job placement rate for our accounting graduates.
Gain experience employers value through our hands-on learning opportunities, valuable internships and robust curriculum.
- Daemen provides exceptional connections to the local job market, which often lead to paid, full-time positions upon graduation.
- All students receive personalized support with their internship and job placement.
- Students work with a number of current software applications, such as Enterprise Resource, XBRL, Quickbooks, and more.
- Students provide free tax help to individuals with low or moderate income through our Volunteer Income Tax Program.
- Students may complete a three-course sequence in forensic accounting during their undergraduate study.
Accountants are essential in many different professional fields. Daemen's accounting program equips students with necessary skills for a successful career in either public or industry accounting.
Popular career options include
- Forensic accountant
- Financial analyst
- Environmental accountant
- Personal financial advisor
- Anti-money laundering officer
- Management accountant
- Cost estimator
- Tax accountant
- FBI agent
Isaura Del Carmen, ’19
Junior accountant, Present Life Corporation
Matthew Fischer, ’18
Auditor, Defense Contract Audit Agency
Through this program, Daemen students gain practical experience working with the community on their taxes. Students offer free tax help to people who generally earn $54,000 or less per year, have a disability, or speak limited English.
Daemen’s student preparers must become IRS certified by taking the income tax theory class, and passing IRS exams in ethics, general tax return preparation, taxation of international students and taxation of military students.
Many students who participated in the VITA program during previous years return to help because they find the experience very meaningful.
"Our goal is to help make our students as marketable as possible before graduation. We focus on guiding them to build their resumes with the many valuable profession-related experiences we offer within our degree programs.” - Sharlene Buszka, Department Chair