The Director of the Honors Program primarily focuses on the academic aspects of Honors at Daemen, including:
- Selecting students for the Honors Program
- Advising students in the Honors Program
- Developing and assessing honors specific courses
- Evaluating and approving honors contracts
- Coordinating national and regional conference travel
- Assisting with the development of Honors specific scholarships
- Meeting regularly with the Student Governing Body and Honors Curriculum Committee
Jeffrey J. Law, PhD.
Honors Program Director
Associate Professor of Biology
Natural Science Department, DS316
Please feel free to contact Dr. Law if you have any questions about the Honors Program.
The Governing Board directs and oversees the Honors activities that happen on and off campus. These activities might include films, speakers, discussion groups, field trips, special campus events, and community service projects. Nine members are chosen to comprise the Board – 3 Seniors, 3 Juniors, and 3 Sophomores.