The political science major at Daemen provides students with foundational courses in the major subfields of the discipline: International Relations, American Politics, Comparative Politics and Public Policy, with the opportunity to build coursework in these subfield specializations of your choice. The major also includes a political science research methods course as part of your senior thesis sequence.
About Our Program
- A focus on critical thinking, problem solving, and research and writing skills that prepare students to succeed in the workforce or pursue advanced graduate training in political science
- Students work directly with faculty members committed to teaching excellence and preparing you for your future.
- A capstone senior thesis requirement gives students the opportunity to choose and research a topic of interest in depth, integrating acquired knowledge and skills.
- All students complete an internship or cooperative learning experience to apply knowledge and skills outside of an academic setting.
- Experiential learning opportunities connect classroom knowledge to the real world. These include Moot Court, Model U.N., internships, career field experiences, public history, and international study abroad.
- Faculty members provide student advisement for law school applications, graduate studies, internships, and co-curricular activities.
|Law enforcement officers||Elected officials|
|Campaign coordinators||Legislative assistants|
|Lobbyists or interest group advocates||Municipal consultants|
|Public sector and service employees||Community organizers and leaders|
|Business owners||Diplomats or consuls|
|International organization researchers and leaders||Non-governmental organization (NGO) employees|
|Journalists||Military or intelligence officers
I had the amazing opportunity to fulfill an internship in Washington, DC through the Washington Internship Institute program. My internship took place through the Department of Education with the Office of the Inspector General. READ MORE
History & Political Science Blog
The History & Political Science Department Blog provides the very latest on what our students and faculty are up to. READ MORE
The PLSA is a club for prospective law school applicants and students who are interested in law and legal careers. Membership is open to students from all majors. LEARN MORE
American Association of University Women
Focused on empowering women, the AAUW is a national women's advocacy organization. LEARN MORE