The Natural Science degree at Daemen College offers students the opportunity to specialize in environmental studies, health sciences, forensic science, or individualized studies. Individualized studies majors are required to complete either a research project, internship or study abroad experience related to research.
Daemen Receives Award From EPA
Daemen College received a Food Recovery Challenge Regional Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, making it the only college in New York State to receive this distinction. The award was presented in honor of Daemen’s outstanding achievements in preventing and diverting wasted food. READ MORE
- Small class sizes (10:1 student/teacher ratio) provide personal attention to each student from faculty members dedicated to teaching excellence
- State-of-the-art teaching laboratories
- Field study in Florida, Costa Rica and other areas while researching local habitats
- Internships at area hospitals, doctors’ and dentists’ offices, veterinary clinics, animal shelters, and environmental firms
- Opportunities to participate in innovative research projects on campus with faculty
- Dual Degree Option with Physical Therapy- Physical Therapy BS, NS/DPT
Graduates can seek employment in various areas. Some options include wildlife biologist, research scientist, environmental lawyer, patent attorney, pharmacist, science writer, forensic scientist, teacher, food chemist, veterinarian, dentist, physician, and more.
- Chemist, Severn Trent Laboratories
- Environmental Policy Enforcement, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Fisheries Biologist, Alaskan Observers Inc.
- Researcher, IBM Life Sciences Division
- Research Technologist, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Research Interns, National Institute of Health
- Boston College Graduate Program in Forensic Studies
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Portland State University Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Buffalo Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Michigan Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Rochester Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Rochester Graduate Program in Epidemiology
- Wegman’s School of Pharmacy
For more information, contact Douglas Kalinowski, Chair of the Natural Sciences Department at email@example.com or call 716-839-8546.