The median annual wage for biochemists and biophysicists is over $102,270 in the U.S.
Explore the chemistry of living things with our biochemistry degree, designed for students specializing in pre-medicine, pre-dentistry, pre-pharmacy, forensic science, pharmaceutical sciences or chemistry.
- Field study opportunities are available in Florida, Costa Rica, and other areas while researching local habitats.
- Daemen students complete valuable internships at area hospitals, doctors’ and dentists’ offices, veterinary clinics, animal shelters, and environmental firms.
- Our graduates have a strong track record for admittance into medical, dental, and veterinary schools, as well as other prestigious graduate programs across the country.
Degree and Program Options
All students have the opportunity to design, conduct, and present original research in collaboration with faculty at academic festivals and international professional conferences.
Daemen’s biochemistry program prepares students for further education and impactful careers in the medical and science fields. Many program graduates apply for admittance to medical, dental, veterinary, osteopathic or other related programs.
- Research scientist
- Food chemist
- Forensic scientist
- Genetic counselor
Recent Graduates’ Jobs
- Chemist, Severn Trent Laboratories
- Environmental Policy Enforcement, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Fisheries Biologist, Alaskan Observers Inc.
- Researcher, IBM Life Sciences Division
- Research Technologist, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Research Interns, National Institute of Health
- Boston College Graduate Program in Forensic Studies
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Portland State University Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Buffalo Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Michigan Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Rochester Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Rochester Graduate Program in Epidemiology
- Wegman’s School of Pharmacy