New! Nursing Opportunities Available this Fall!
Daemen has added more seats and opportunities with our Nursing 1+2+1 partnership with NCCC.
- Guaranteed Seat
- Earn both an associate’s and bachelor’s degree in nursing in four years
- Work as an RN after your 3rd year
- Community college tuition in years two and three and a 50% discount in year four
- Niagara County Community College has a 92% pass rate on the NCLEX and has a 100% employment rate (reported May 2016)
- The 1+2+1 curriculum allows students to earn both an associate’s and bachelor’s degree in nursing in just 4 years. Students complete their first year at Daemen and attend one of our Buffalo area partner community colleges for two years to earn their RN degree. The fourth year is at Daemen at a 50% reduced tuition rate. Students have the advantage of being able to work as an RN after their 3rd year.
- Daemen nursing students have access to free educational information from the Why Wound Care initiative.
- The 1+2+1 curriculum combines the strengths of the Associate Degree programs and promotes critical thinking, leadership skills, evidence-based practice, and professional development at the baccalaureate level.
- The 1+2+1 curriculum allows students to earn both an associate’s and bachelor’s degree in nursing in just 4 years.
- Students have the advantage of being able to work as an RN after their 3rd year.
- Flexible scheduling and online or hybrid courses support the needs of the working RN during the 4th year, taking courses to complete the BS.
- 1+2+1 students returning to Daemen for the 4th year of study receive a 50% tuition reduction.
- Enjoy combining the traditional four-year private college experience while completing the Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees in a rewarding nursing program.
- Continue your education in one of our graduate nursing programs at a reduced rate. 1+2+1 students may take up to 6 credits of graduate courses at the already reduced undergraduate rate while completing their BS.
- Daemen College’s nursing programs have been named to the “10 Best Colleges for Nursing Majors in New York” list recently released by Zippia, an online resource for exploring career options.
About Our Program
The nursing curriculum is designed to provide students with learning opportunities to excel in the nursing profession. Students are required to complete a course that focuses on nursing research that culminates in a proposed evidence-based presentation that may be translated into practice. Learning activities are centered on developing evidence-based practice; leadership development; examining the nurse’s role in quality care and patient outcomes and exploring global and local community health through culture-based presentations, community assessments, and community health teaching projects.
Daemen’s 1+2+1 curriculum prepares nurses to enter the competitive job market with the most desirable academic and clinical preparation, a BS degree. Research demonstrates that the BS-prepared nurse has improved outcomes in patient care. Our graduates work with patients and populations across the lifespan in a variety of settings.
RN, 1+2+1 BS in Nursing
“I started gaining real-world experience during my second year in the Nursing Program through clinical rotations at Buffalo area hospitals. I was able to have one on one contact with patients, perform critical assessments, administer medications, and give direct patient care. I plan to continue my education at Daemen in their Nurse Practitioner Program and specialize in orthopedics.”