The 1+2+1 curriculum provides an opportunity unlike any other in Western New York through Daemen's unique partner collaboration and has been implemented in response to New York’s increasing nursing shortage.
The 1+2+1 curriculum allows students to earn both an associate’s and bachelor’s degree in nursing in just 4 years. Students complete thier first year at Daemen and attend one of our partner community colleges for two years to earn their RN degree. The fourth year is at Daemen at a 50% reduced tuition rate. Students have the advantage of being able to work as an RN after their 3rd year.
Daemen College’s nursing programs have been named to the “10 Best Colleges for Nursing Majors in New York” list recently released by Zippia, an online resource for exploring career options. READ MORE
- Flexible scheduling and online or hybrid courses support the needs of the working RN during the 4th year, taking courses to complete the BS.
- Continue your education in one of our graduate nursing programs at a reduced rate. 1+2+1 students may take up to 6 credits of graduate courses at the already reduced undergraduate rate while completing their BS.
- Save on costs for year 2-3 by paying community college tuition.
- Students can still live on Daemen’s campus while studying at the community college.
- Have a “guaranteed seat”.
- Earn an Associate’s degree and can sit for their RN license after year 3.
- Are prepared to enter Daemen’s Nurse Practitioner Master’s program.
About Our Program
Daemen’s 1+2+1 curriculum prepares nurses to enter the competitive job market with the most desirable academic and clinical preparation, a BS degree. Research demonstrates that the BS-prepared nurse has improved outcomes in patient care. Our graduates work with patients and populations across the lifespan in a variety of settings.
I came to Daemen because the friendly faculty, staff, and administrators that I came in contact with while prospecting were extremely helpful. Daemen also has a good reputation for their medical programs which is critical in obtaining a degree in my major of choice. READ MORE