If you are a registered nurse interested in personal development or career mobility, Daemen’s RN to BS program is for you. Daemen College’s upper division nursing program is designed especially to meet the varied needs of the professional registered nurse. This program allows you to complete degree requirements in a minimum of 12 months. You and your academic advisor can arrange the program to meet your individual needs as a working professional.
You’ll find many students already enrolled in Daemen’s upper division program have several years of professional experience and college courses to their credit. Most of them are returning for their degree while they continue to hold professional positions within the Buffalo area or also have the added responsibility of household and family commitments. No matter what your particular situation, Daemen’s program is flexible enough to meet your individual needs.
- Daemen nursing students have access to free educational information from the Why Wound Care initiative.
- Flexible course schedule to allow for either full or part-time study
- Liberal credit transfer policies. Students are able to transfer in both science and elective credits.
- Individualized attention from faculty and personalized academic advisement
- Financial assistance earmarked for nurses
- Innovative curriculum, non-repetitive of previous education and experience
- Course offerings in fall, spring and summer so students can begin at any time
- A mix of online and hybrid courses to accommodate work schedules
About Our Program
Upon completion of the undergraduate program the student will:
- Collaborate with other health care professionals and patients to provide culturally appropriate care.
- Advocate for social justice, including commitment to the health of vulnerable populations and the elimination of health disparities.
- Evaluate sources of evidence and clinical practice guidelines for individualized patient care.
- Integrate best evidence, clinical judgment, and patient preferences in planning individualized care.
- Interpret multiple biological, physical, and social factors in assessing, planning, and implementing safe patient care to diverse populations in diverse settings.
- Demonstrate skills in using patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices to improve patient outcomes and create a safe patient care environment.
- Demonstrate leadership skills working within organizations or in the community both in the actual provision of care and/or supervising care provided by others to improve and ensure patient safety.
- Demonstrate professionalism through accountability in nursing practice, professional engagement, and service to the profession and the community.
Students completing the program:
- 52% full-time
- 48% part-time
Graduates obtaining jobs:
- 100% of students reported that the program prepared them either very well or well to grow professionally and personally
*Data are for students who completed the program during the 2015-2016 academic year
Generous 50% tuition grants for registered nurses are available. These grants are not based on financial need and are guaranteed through the completion of the BS degree requirements.
Nursing tuition grants (up to 50%) toward the cost of tuition are calculated utilizing the cost of tuition less any Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) or Aid for Part-time Study (APTS) proceeds.
The courses in leadership, evidence-based practice, and health care policy all shape the professional nurse. Nurses who have a Bachelor of Science degree increase their mobility within an organization and have additional opportunities for employment. Graduates will find this degree opens doors to new career options in administrative, research, management, and leadership positions in a variety of settings.
Nosek Honored as Nurse of Distinction in Education
Dr. Cheryl Nosek, professor and chair of nursing at Daemen College, has been named the 2018 Nurse of Distinction in Education by The Buffalo News and the Professional Nurses Association of Western New York. READ MORE