The Bachelor of Science in Visual Arts Education is based on the philosophy that competent art teachers are also practicing artists.
Daemen College is currently pursuing accreditation of its educator preparation programs by the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). Pursuant to §52.21 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, the educator preparation programs offered by Daemen College are considered to be continuously accredited for purposes of meeting the New York State requirement that all such programs maintain continuous accreditation.
- An Elementary, Middle and Secondary Curriculum
- Faculty-supervised practicum placement at each level prior to student teaching
- A balance of in-class learning, in-school observations, student and teacher interactions and teaching opportunities
- Graduates are knowledgeable and skilled in making art, understanding how children learn, and differentiating instructional methods
- A curriculum focusing on personal, social, cognitive and artistic development
- Connections to the strongest arts educators in the region
- A Daemen graduate of the Visual Arts Education program will be a caring, dedicated, talented and competent teacher
- View Information Sheet
Art Education faculty at Daemen have extensive experience in the classroom in addition to a substantial professional record presenting at conferences and publishing articles.