Daemen students have a combined pass rate consistently above 90 percent on the annual New York State Teacher Certification Examinations.
Your education classes integrate field experience beginning early in your program – giving you more confidence with students and preparation for your career.
Degree Options in Education
Bachelor of Science in Adolescence Special Education Students with Disabilities Generalist (7-12)
- Students will ultimately be eligible for teaching adolescent students with disabilities in self-contained classrooms and in supportive roles such as special education consultant teachers, special education resource room teachers, and integrated special education co-teachers
- Undergraduate program schedule will include a sequence in each English, History, Math, and Science
- Students in SwDG must complete six hours in one foreign language: Sign Language, French, Spanish, Italian
- 130 credit program
The Bachelor of Science in Visual Arts Education is based on the philosophy that competent art teachers are also practicing artists.
Requirements for Visual Arts Education degree
- Programs feature small class sizes to increase interaction between students and faculty members who are dedicated to teaching excellence and providing personal attention.
- Field experiences are available through Daemen’s partnerships with local public, private, and charter schools as well as educational agencies and community centers.
- Students learn to teach with advanced instructional technology, including SMART Boards, iPads, and educational apps.
- Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration.
Daemen education graduates work in many different education settings.
Recent graduates have found work at the following institutions:
- Buffalo Public Schools
- Williamsville Central School District
- Clarence School District
- New York City Board of Education
- Autism Services Education Resources
- Cantalician Center for Learning
More Info From Our Blog
Job in education prospect – instructional design
Daemen University instructional designer discusses her unique—and fulfilling—career in education Are you considering a job in education? The…
Alum rose above challenges to help her students
Amy (Stewart) Terpening graduated from Daemen in 2008, earning a degree in childhood/special education with a focus on social studies. Currently…
Thank You for Your Interest in the Education Program