Daemen students have a combined pass rate consistently above 90 percent on the annual New York State Teacher Certification Examinations.
Help educate our nation’s youngest students through meaningful interactions during field experience in local classrooms beginning your freshman.
- Graduates have the flexibility of teaching early childhood and/or special education at school districts and agencies providing instruction to students with special needs, as they earn dual New York State Initial Certification Birth through Grade Two.
- Program features small class sizes to increase interaction between students and faculty members who are dedicated to teaching excellence and providing personal attention.
- Field experiences are available through Daemen’s partnerships with local public, private, and charter schools as well as educational agencies and community centers.
- Students learn to teach with advanced instructional technology, including SMART Boards, iPads, and educational apps.
- Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration.
Graduates have more flexibility with school and agency administration to move to different grade levels when demand dictates a change based upon student enrollment. They can work in many different education settings:
- Day care centers
- Public schools
- Private schools
- Agencies that provide special education services
Recent graduates have found work at the following institutions:
- Buffalo Public Schools
- Williamsville Central School District
- Clarence School District
- New York City Board of Education
- Autism Services Education Resources
- Cantalician Center for Learning