- Core and advanced specialty courses in history and political science, along with a capstone research project, provide depth and breadth of content knowledge in world and American areas.
- Education classes provide instruction in the craft of teaching and provide strong preparation for state Teacher Certification Exams.
- Experiential learning opportunities through the Daemen History and Political Science Department complement and extend in-class learning.
- Training in empirical (social science) and interpretive (humanities) theory and methods prepares graduates for a dynamic and changing career environment.
- Engage with educational technologies in your courses, including video analysis software during field placements to obtain feedback on your teaching from instructors and current teachers.
- Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration.
Daemen graduates are teaching in many school districts and public school systems, including Buffalo, Williamsville, Clarence, Cheektowaga, New York City, Baltimore, and Myrtle Beach, among others.
A number of our graduates have also advanced to working in educational administration.