Job growth is expected to increase by 7 percent for middle school teachers and 8 percent for high school teachers from 2020-2030.
Your education classes integrate field experience beginning early in your program – giving you more confidence with students and preparation for your career.
- Core and advanced specialty courses provide students with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of French or Spanish through real-life assignments both in and out of class.
- Education classes provide instruction in the craft of teaching and provide strong preparation for state Teacher Certification Exams.
- Choose from long- or multiple short-term study abroad programs to gain linguistic and cultural competency.
- Work with our language assistants, who are native and heritage speakers within the Daemen community, to build communicative fluency.
- Field experiences are available through Daemen’s partnerships with local public, private, and charter schools as well as educational agencies and community centers.
- Engage with educational technologies in your courses, including video analysis software during field placements to obtain feedback on your teaching from instructors and current teachers.
- Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration.
Daemen graduates are teaching in many school districts and public school systems, including Buffalo, Williamsville, Clarence, Cheektowaga, New York City, Baltimore, and Myrtle Beach, among others.
A number of our graduates have also advanced to working in educational administration.
Thank You for Your Interest in the Education Program