Arts education fosters bright, creative, and socially engaged students who will be our next leaders, teachers, artists, engineers, and more.
Your education classes integrate field experience beginning early in your program – giving you more confidence with students and preparation for your career.
- Classes provide strong preparation for state Teacher Certification Exams.
- Students engage in experiential learning to discover practical applications beyond the studio.
- Daemen’s visual and performing arts faculty members are active professional artists with connections to the industry.
- Experience a wide breadth of studio art and receive support for a deep exploration of art across media.
- Field experiences are available through Daemen’s partnerships with local public, private, and charter schools as well as educational agencies and community centers.
- Engage with educational technologies in your courses, including video analysis software during field placements to obtain feedback on your teaching from instructors and current teachers.
- Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration.
Daemen graduates are teaching in many school districts and public school systems, including Buffalo, Williamsville, Clarence, Cheektowaga, New York City, Baltimore, and Myrtle Beach, among others.
A number of our graduates have also advanced to working in educational administration.