Due to changing travel restrictions and quarantine requirements in Canada, contact GPO for updated information.

Since Canada is so close, we encourage all students to visit our northern neighbor while a student at Daemen.  

If you fly into or out of Canada utilizing Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ), you most likely will need an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization).  

To find out if you need a visa or an eTA, please see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp  Please remember that you will be applying as a visitor to Canada and not as a student.

  1. If you need an eTA, please read and follow all instructions carefully:  http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-start.asp
  2. If you need a visa, please read and follow all instructions carefully: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp
    1. You can apply online but you will need to be able to scan all your documents. If you are having issues with the website, try using a different browser such as Firefox.  
      • You must submit the following items:
        • Visa application 
        •  Passport 
        •  I-94 card
        • Form I-20
        • Required fees in the appropriate format (2022: $100 CAN).  Check current fees at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
        • Two (2) passport-sized pictures
        • You might need a letter from a DSO (International Student Advisor) stating you are currently enrolled and in good status.
          • Please submit a written request to the Global Programs Office at least 2 days before you plan to apply for the visa.
    • Depending on your country of citizenship, you might have to submit Biometric information.  This will be an additional charge.  Biometrics will be taken at USCIS in Buffalo.
    • Visa wait times vary depending on the time of the year.  You should apply at least a month in advance of your expected travel date.  To check current wait times, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp

If you have any questions, please make an appointment in Global Programs to meet with an advisor.