Financial Aid Resources
CHANGES TO FAFSA THIS YEAR
There are some important changes coming to the 2024-2025 FAFSA (Free Application for
Federal Student Aid) this year. The Department of Education is simplifying the FAFSA. Due to
the changes, the 2024-2025 FAFSA will not be available on the traditional October 1 st opening
date. The anticipated launch date for the 2024-2025 FAFSA is December 2023. Additional
information regarding FAFSA Simplification can be found at studentaid.gov
If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 716-839-8254 or visit our office in Duns Scotus 111.
At first glance, the whole idea of financial aid can seem somewhat overwhelming. There are, however, many resources and Internet Sites that can help you through the process.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): To apply for federal student grants, work-study and loans on line. Daemen's Federal School Code is 002808.
- New York State Higher Education Services Corporation: For NYS grant, scholarship and loan information. Site includes a TAP estimator and can provide you with the status of your TAP application.
- NYS TAP: This is a state funded program for New York State residents. Grants range from $500 to $5,665 based upon the family's previous New York State net taxable income. Family's with net taxable incomes up to $80,000 may qualify. Students must be full time to qualify for TAP. TAP Application can be completed online at https://www.tap.hesc.ny.gov/totw/
- Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid: General financial aid information and overview.
- Ontario Student Assistance Program: Provides loans, grants and scholarships to Ontario students.
Things to Remember
- Remember to check your Social Security number before you enter it on any college related forms.
- Be sure to complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). FAFSA can be completed on the Web.
- Don't forget to sign and have your parents sign the FAFSA before submitting the form. If you file on the web, be sure to apply for an electronic FSA ID for both the student and the parent before filing FAFSA on-line.
- Keep your financial aid materials together in a file and keep a copy of it.
- Respond to your financial aid award letter immediately. It's important that you quickly notify Daemen that you accept all, part, or none of the financial aid package offered.