International Admission Requirements
- Submit the online application
- Transcripts: All international transcripts must be sent through a credit evaluation service that will evaluate your transcripts to the American grading system and course equivalencies. Please request a course by course evaluation from SPANTRAN, World Education Services, Josef Silny Associates, or Educational Credential Evaluators but any NACES accredited member will also be accepted.
- English Proficiency: All students whose native language is not English must submit the DUOLINGO, IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam score. Daemen University Institutional code for the TOEFL exam is 2762.
- Personal Essay: First Year (undergraduate) students must submit an essay as part of their application. Graduate students should see their individual program requirements for instructions regarding essay requirements. Transfer students do not need to submit an essay as part of their application.
Before you apply, please note Daemen University does not offer full scholarships for international students. Our International scholarships range from $9,500 - $12,500 for academic year. If you have any questions about admissions to Daemen please email us at email@example.com or call us at (716) 839-8225 or (800) 462-7652.
Undergraduate (First Year) Requirements
- Minimum GPA 2.5
- Minimum TOEFL 77, IELTS 6.5 or DUOLINGO 100
- Minimum ELS level 112
The following undergraduate programs have specific GPA requirements:
- Physical Therapy: Minimum GPA 3.1
- Nursing 1+2+1: Minimum GPA 3.1
- Athletic Training: Minimum GPA 2.7
Minimum TOEFL total test score of 100, DUOLINGO score of 120.
Reading Section, minimum score of 24
Listening Section, minimum score of 26
Speaking Section, minimum score of 26
Writing Section, minimum score of 24
- Earn a minimum 2.0 GPA
- English Language Proficiency (Minimum TOEFL 77, IELTS 6.5 or DUOLINGO 100)
- Minimum ELS level 112
If you are interested in transferring into one of the following undergraduate programs, you must meet the specific GPA and English Language requirements:
- Physical Therapy: Minimum over GPA 2.8/Science GPA 2.8
- Education: Minimum GPA 2.75
- Natural Science/Biology/Chemistry: Minimum GPA 2.5
- Minimum TOEFL total test score of 100, DUOLINGO score of 120
- The minimum GPA requirement for most graduate programs is a 3.0*
- Nursing Education, M.S. and Nursing Executive Leadership, M.S. require a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- Most graduate programs require a minimum 77 TOEFL, 6.5 IELTS, or 100 DUOLINGO or ELS level 112
- The MPH program requires a minimum 85 TOEFL, 6.5 IELTS or 105 DUOLINGO or ELS level 112
- GRE or GMAT score within the 50% percentile for Education majors