Daemen offers a fully online MS in Inclusive Childhood Education program which is open to students from Canada. Graduates gain both initial and professional certification in childhood education/students with disabilities (Grades 1-6).
Upon completion of the program students are eligible to apply for NYS certification. After receiving NYS certification, students can then apply to the Ontario College of Teachers for Primary/Junior (Grades K-6) certification to teach in Ontario. For more information about OCT and internationally educated students go to: Ontario College of Teachers website for internationally educated students.
Online Format and Student Teaching
- Classes are offered fully online and meet one synchronous evening per week.
- Students complete 150 hours of field experience and a two 7 week full-time student teaching placement. Canadian students can complete their field experience and student teaching in Ontario with remote supervision provided by Daemen University.
- The program can be completed in as little as 18 months with a fall start, or in two years with a standard spring start.
Tuition and Financial Aid
- We offer a 30% tuition scholarship for Canadian students reducing your per credit hour tuition by 30%. The scholarship will be automatically applied when you are accepted.
- If you are a Canadian citizen, you can apply for financial assistance through OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program). Students complete an electronic online application available at the OSAP website.
- Complete our free,online application. When applying to Daemen choose either MS in Inclusive Childhood or MS in Inclusive Secondary. There is not a Canadian Teacher option on the application, you must apply by the name of the major you are applying to. If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com
- Provide official transcript(s) from all accredited colleges or universities attended indicating the award of an undergraduate degree. Unofficial Transcripts can be uploaded with your application or to daemen.edu/admupload. Official transcripts should be mailed to: Daemen University Office of Admissions, 4380 Main Street, Amherst, NY 14226
- Submit a personal statement (up to 300 words)
- Provide a copy of a current resume, including all certifications and licensures.
- Provide two letters of recommendation.
- Participate in a personal dispositional interview.
- Once you are accepted, to officially enroll, you must submit your deposit. You can pay the deposit online.
PLEASE NOTE: Tuition deposit is regarded as the student’s commitment to the College and is required in order to guarantee a seat in the entering class. The tuition deposit is non-refundable.