You don't have to be a current student to benefit from Career Services support. We offer the following services and resources to help you explore your options and navigate your career.
- Job Postings: Check out Handshake to access our free system. Click on the Alumni icon, then click on Create Account, and create a User ID and Password and then create your profile. This tool will allow you to search for jobs, upload and manage your resume, create a career portfolio and provide you with current career information in the form of documents, podcasts or videos through the Career Library. For the latest news, Career Services will also post special announcements and any general announcements pertaining to our department on Handshake.
- Career Advising: Career advising sessions are offered in person or via phone or Skype, thus ensuring that Daemen College alumni, regardless of their location can access Daemen Career Services counseling services. Sessions are varied and personalized. Some sessions involve developing job search strategies for an alumna who has been absent from the workforce for a significant period of time. Other sessions focus on career exploration and planning a transition from one field to another. In addition, Career Services offers many different types of assessments including Strong Interest Inventory and StrengthsQuest. The integration of these assessments and subsequent research will result in an informed decision about the next step in your career.
- Career Development: We are happy to evaluate and critique resumes and cover letters; help you organize and plan your job search; and help you prepare for an interview by conducting a mock interview.
- Career Fairs: Career Services sponsors the Health Care Networking Event and ROC (Recruiters on Campus) for alumni, students and prospective employers. Find information at our Career Services Upcoming Events web page.
- Career Resources: In our office and online, we offer numerous reference materials to help in career changes and more.
- Graduate School Information: Our office is able to support you with the application process.
Call our office at 716-839-8334 to schedule your appointment to meet with a Career Services Advisor.
Want to Become a Mentor?
Daemen alumni interested in becoming a career mentor may register online.