Accepted Student Health Requirements (1st year, Graduate, Transfer & Re-admit)
In compliance with New York State Public Health Laws 2165 and 2157 students are required to submit immunization records as outlined below:
- Students born on or after January 1, 1957 and taking 6 or more credits are required to submit proof of immunization for Measles, Mumps & Rubella (vaccinations or titers).
- Students taking 6 or more credits must submit proof of immunization (or submit a declination) for Meningococcal disease (completed vaccination or vaccination series within the past 5 years or a signed waiver declining the vaccination)
For more information visit the NYS Department of Health Post-Secondary Institution Requirements.
Please note: Students are not permitted to attend classes, receive keys to the residence halls, OR practice/play a sport until they are health compliant.
Acceptable health records:
- Daemen Immunization Form (stamped or signed by provider)
- Health record from a provider’s office (stamped or signed by provider)
- Health record from an online patient portal
- Health record from an employer
Please note: only dates that include month, day and year will be accepted. Furthermore, if you have blood drawn (titers), lab results are required.
Submitting health records:
- Online: daemen.edu/healthupload (take a photo with your phone or scan and upload)
- Fax: 716-839-8230
- Office: Health Services, Wick 116 (CHIP Center down the hall from Campus Safety)
Health Services will NOT accept records submitted via email.
- Daemen Student Health Form- Amherst Campus
- Daemen Meningitis Action Form- Amherst Campus
- Daemen Student Health Form- Branch Campus
- Daemen Meningitis Action Form - Branch Campus
- Daemen Israel Study Abroad Immunization & Physical Form
Please click here to visit the Clinical Student Health Requirements page. Please note: this webpage is for students completing the clinical experience portion of the following health science programs: Nursing, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant.
In accordance with New York State Public Health Law (PHL) Section 2165, students are required to submit proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR). As permitted by PHL 2165, medical exemptions are accepted by Daemen University.
If a student is seeking a medical exemption from the immunization requirement, proof must be submitted for approval from a licensed physician or nurse practitioner certifying that such immunization may be detrimental to the person’s health or is otherwise medically contraindicated.
Daemen University reserves the right to exclude students who submit a medical exemption for MMR vaccinations from living in on-campus housing. Exclusion also prohibits a student visiting in the residence halls on campus and living and/or visiting Daemen University subleased properties including, but not limited to, Collegiate Village and Snyder Park.
Exclusion under this policy does not relieve the student from any financial obligation to Daemen University.
Documentation can be submitted for verification by the CHIP Center:
- Online: daemen.edu/healthupload or daemen.edu/branchcampusupload
- Fax: 716-839-8230
- Mail: 4380 Main St. Amherst, NY 14226 (PO Box 104)
Great Lakes Physicians Services
- Vaccinations Offered: Hepatitis A &B, Japanese Encephalitis, MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella), Meningitis (MCV4), Rabies, Polio, Td/Tdap, Typhoid, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Yellow Fever.
- Cost: $50 visit fee. Insurance is NOT accepted. Immunization costs must be paid out of pocket. Cash, check, and credit card accepted. Call for cost of individual vaccines.
- Address: 462 Grider Street, Suite 116 Buffalo, NY 14215
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am- 4:00 pm. By appointment only. No walk-ins.
- Phone: 716-898-4153
Passport Health of New York State
- Vaccinations Offered: Hepatitis A&B, Influenza, MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella), Meningitis, Polio, Pneumonia, Rabies, Tdap, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Shingles (Zoster), Yellow Fever, HPV, TB Skin Test, Japanese Encephalitis, Typhoid.
- Cost: $25 visit fee. Insurance is NOT accepted. Immunization costs must be paid out of pocket. Cash, check, and credit card accepted. Call for cost of individual vaccines.
- Address: 2805 Wehrle Drive, Suite 2 Williamsville, NY 14221
- Hours: Monday - Thursday, 9:00 am- 5:00 pm. Some weekend hours are available. Call for specifics.
- Phone: 855-729-2479
Travelers Health & Immunization Center
- Vaccinations Offered: Typhoid, Tdap, Hepatitis A & B, MMR (Measles, Mumps &Rubella), Meningitis, Polio, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Haemophilus, Influenza B, Japanese Encephalitis, Shingles (Zoster), Rabies, Pneumococcal.
- Cost: $40 visit fee. Insurance is NOT accepted. Immunization costs must be paid out of pocket. Cash, check, and credit card accepted. Call for cost of vaccines.
- Address: 100 College Parkway, Suite 260 Williamsville, NY 14221.
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9:30 am- 2:00 pm. By appointment only. No walk-ins.
- Phone: 716-631-0920
Erie County Department of Health
- Vaccinations Offered: Influenza, Pneumonia, Td/Tdap, Meningococcal (MCV4 & Men B.), Shingles (Zoster)
- Cost: $20 visit fee. Insurance is NOT accepted. Immunization costs must be paid out of pocket. Call for specifics & cost of vaccines.
- Address: 608 William Street Buffalo, NY 14206. 8.8 miles from campus.
- Hours: Only available on the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month 8:30 am-11:30 am. By appointment only. No walk-ins.
- Contact: Phone- 716-858-7687
Please note: this is not an exhaustive list of clinics in the area. The resources listed above are included due to the immunizations offered, cost and proximity to campus.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is designed to provide privacy standards to protect patients' medical records and other health information provided to health care professionals, hospitals, and parents or guardians of adults over the age of 18.
Complete the HIPAA Disclosure Form to authorize the communication of medical information to persons designated. This authorization will become effective at signing and shall remain in effect as long as the individual is a student at Daemen University. If the student wishes to revoke this authorization, the request can be submitted at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Health and Insurance Services Office maintains your immunization records for 7 years after your date of admission to the University.
Complete the Record Release Form to request a copy of your records. This information will only be used to identify your records and to send them wherever you designate.