The mission of Daemen College is to prepare students for life and leadership in an increasingly diverse and complex world by integrating the intellectual qualities acquired through the liberal arts with the preparation necessary for professional achievement.
The faculty, staff, and students of the Daemen College Community value
- a diversity of ideas, backgrounds, and beliefs
- a student centered atmosphere
- holistic/experiential learning
- advanced information literacy
- rigorous critical thinking and creative problem solving
- effective communication skills
- keen moral and ethical discernment
- acute affective awareness
- informed civic engagement
- an understanding of the role of context
- intellectual rigor
- local and global responsibility
- professional preparation
Daemen College will continue to thrive by preparing students for professional excellence, intellectual rigor, and service in the global community. As a college of national distinction, Daemen will continue to
- Attract first-rate faculty and staff as one of the nation’s best colleges to work for
- Create a state-of-the-art living and learning environment
- Provide an excellent innovative education in a sustainable, supportive learning environment
- Become a national model for high quality, affordable undergraduate and graduate education
- Become a national leader in blended curriculum
- Become a national leader in scholarship and research
- Become one of the region’s premier NCAA Division II athletics programs
Expanded Mission Statement
The mission of Daemen College is to prepare students for life and leadership in an increasingly complex world. Founded on the principle that education should elevate human dignity and foster civic responsibility and compassion, the College seeks to integrate the intellectual qualities acquired through study of the liberal arts with the education necessary for professional accomplishment. This integration which recognizes equal value in liberal studies and professional programs aims at preparing graduates who are dedicated to the health and well-being of both their local and global communities.
With a Daemen education, students will acquire the skill to solve problems creatively and think critically. They will be comfortable with diversity and will recognize the importance of a global perspective. They will be able to work with others and be invigorated by environments that present challenges and demand innovation. Daemen students are expected to be active participants in their own education and informed citizens who understand that learning is a life-long journey.
At the heart of Daemen’s integrated learning experience is the relationship that can develop between the College’s faculty and its students. Daemen prides itself on maintaining a student-centered atmosphere and a close professional and collaborative association among all members of the College community. Assisted by a supportive faculty, Daemen students are encouraged to pursue goals beyond their initial expectations, to respond to academic challenges, and to develop habits of mind that enrich their lives and their community.