Resources for students wishing to apply for educational assistance.
- Applicants must be admitted and enrolled at Daemen University. However, if they are not admitted to Daemen, they must be admitted to another institution and be registered for a course or courses at Daemen. In such cases, joint (concurrent) certification is processed with the other school.
- Graduate students are allowed one year of enrollment before they are required to be fully admitted.
- Undergraduates must be fully admitted before filing.
- All forms for first-time applicants, continuing students, and transfer students can be obtained in Duns Scotus 106 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- For each semester, students wishing to receive educational assistance must complete an Application for Semester Entitlement (ASE) form. The Center for Veterans will not certify students without a request on file.
- Processing applications takes the Veterans Administration approximately 6 to 8 weeks. This means that after your paperwork from the Daemen University Center for Veterans has been submitted to the Veterans Administration, you can expect a check for the current enrollment amount to arrive at the location you designated in the address section of the ASE form 6 to 8 weeks later. Thereafter, checks for the previous month will arrive at the beginning of each month.
- Questions concerning payment after you have been certified should be directed to the Veterans Administration at (800) 827-0619.
- All physical applications are located on the Amherst campus in The Nancy Haberman Gacich Center for Veterans in Duns Scotus.
- You may apply online for your Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits by visiting the following link at VA.gov and following the “How Do I Apply?” green tab.
- Please retain a copy for your USC file.
- VA Application Form (VA 22-1990). For new applicants under VA programs: Chapter 30, 32,1606 and 1607(eligible veterans).
- VA Application Form (VA 22-5490). For new applicants under VA program: Chapter 35 (eligible dependents of veterans).
This form is the Veterans Administration Application for Education Benefits:
- It must be filled out completely and returned to the Daemen Center for Veterans in Duns Scotus.
- If the student is on active duty, signatures by the Armed Forces Education Services Officer and Commanding Officer are required.
- Veterans must submit a certified copy of the DD-214 along with the 22-1990).
- Each semester, continuing students must complete the online “Enrollment Certification Form” sent to all students registered for an upcoming semester via their Daemen email account. This email is sent about 40 days prior to the upcoming semester and a reminder is sent again once every two weeks until the add/drop deadline.
- This form is mandatory to confirm the students would like to utilize their VA Educational Benefits for that specific semester. Students that fail to submit the form will not have their benefits certified for the semester.
- The Department of Veterans Services certifies enrollment for the current semester and past semesters, up to one year past so long as the requested forms are submitted to the office.
If you wish to add or change your current degree program or are new to Daemen and have received VA educational benefits at another school, you must complete and sign the appropriate form below and return it to the Daemen Center for Veterans in Duns Scotus.
- VA Request for Change of Program of Place of Training (VA 22-1995). For applicants under VA programs: Chapter 30, 32, 1606 and 1607 (eligible veterans)
- VA Request for Change of Program of Place of Training (VA 22-5495). For applicants under VA program: Chapter 35 (eligible dependents of veterans)
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://benefits.va.gov/gibill/.